removed purdah thread

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
patricia

removed purdah thread

Post by patricia »

Dear All

I have moved the thread is the purdah over. CAn someone can give me confirmation that the same test is NOT used by:

1] Late testers. [ill on the day]

2] Late entrants [children moving into the area]

Meanwhile please refrain from posting details of the tests. The thread can be moved back for you to discuss, if the same test is not used.

Thank You

Patricia
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

The 21st October was the date when those children who were poorly on the official test date took the 11+, I think this is why the thread was reactivated yesterday.
As for those children moving into the area - I am still unsure when they would take the test - cut off for change of address is 6th February. I am unsure whether those children would take the same test.
concerto

Post by concerto »

Hi Patricia,
I am very sorry, i thought the last test was yesterday and that was it (new to the system). I won't post anymore details.
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

Have just 'phoned admissions who have advised that that test WILL be used again. Not sure that she really understood my question though...

This is actually rather outragous. This is the first time that the exam has been in this format. Many children were surprised by the difficulty of the questions and all were strategically unprepared. Any information, however unintentionally given or apparantly insignificant, would be of enormous benefit to those sitting at a later date. Gossip between parents & children is one thing but there may also be unscrupulous tutors like this one in Birmingham: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... .php?t=955

I don't know the way around this, but it is not a level playing field at present. Perhaps children moving into the area or those unable to attend the exam for whatever reason should be assessed in some other way.

I agree with Patricia that this thread should be temporarily removed, but do not think that it would have made a great deal of difference. Those who want to find out the format of the exam will have already done so by quizzing other parents & children's friends.

Concerto, I never saw your post and I'm one of the regulars here, so I don't imagine many did. Don't worry! But I'd be interested to see your post when it is 'safe' for it to be resurrected! I hope your child had a good 11+ experience.

Charlotte
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Good work Super Sleuth Charlotte!!
I am shocked about the same test being used in a few months - although it also isn't a level playing field if a different test is used, as they can never be of the exact same standard.
Tricky, and frustrating!
Rugbymum

Post by Rugbymum »

I'm amazed :shock: :? that the same test will be used again...
badder dadder

Post by badder dadder »

They use the same tests, we complain because apparently ten and eleven year old kids can remember these kinds of questions. They use different tests, we complain because what if our kids could have performed better with the different papers?

Suggest a way of doing it then. Or, here's an idea, forget about the test until March.
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

badder dadder wrote:Suggest a way of doing it then.
I think we've already said that we don't know the answer. Why so hostile?
badder dadder wrote:Or, here's an idea, forget about the test until March.
Like you're doing presumably? What was your visit for?
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

Hi Charlotte67

If you search 'Badder Dadder' and look at his posts since September you will see he has always been sarcastic, rude, unsympathetic and mickey taking, without tact and humour (except I imagine, he finds himself amusing) - so I would ignore him completely in the hopes he crawls back under his stone.

Ambridge x
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

Thanks for that Ambridge - I shan't take umbrage!

(groan)

xx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now