Tiffin Girls tests

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

haggis

Tiffin Girls tests

Post by haggis »

:roll: I appreciate if any body could shed some light on the Tiffin Girls tests in Kingston upon Thames.The information seems to be very secretive and it is nearly impossible to get hold of any usefull info. I appreciate info reference no of questions and the format they use.

Best regards
11 plus tests
bb

May be these web addressess can help you.

Post by bb »

I found this URL which could be useful for school admissions in Kingston Upon Thames
Though this is for year 2005, I assume still the exam procdures were not changed.
http://www.kingston.gov.uk/education/se ... _other.pdf

Also check for updated information under this url
http://www.kingston.gov.uk/education.htm

Tiffin Girls

Post by Guest »

There is nothing secretive about the Tiffin test, section 4 of Kingston's 2006 Secondary Admissions booklet explains the whole procedure.

Tiffin Girls

Post by Guest »

There is nothing secretive about the Tiffin test, section 4 of Kingston's 2006 Secondary Admissions booklet explains the whole procedure.

Post by Guest »

Thank you for your replies. I have read the booklet from Kingston LEA but still could not find info refrence number of questions in the verbal and non verbal tests and the format they use . I have contacted the LEA, They have refused to provide such information. Help appreciated.

Best Regards

Post by Guest »

:D :D :D :D Hi to all,
My daughter had an offer for a place in Tiffin Girls yesterday. She was on the waiting list as she scored 231.We are over the moon and very pleased for her. The cut off for this year was 234 for the initial offers so she only missed by 3 marks. I guess it is time for celebration now. Best of luck to all of you next year, but please be prepared because it is a nightmare going through the process. If numbers help, she was135th place on the ranking list out of 871 applicants which I feel is a great achievement knowing the majority of applicants are very well prepared for the test.

Joe
Jess

Post by Jess »

Hi Joe
Really well done to you and your daughter. You must be so happy. Do you have any tips to pass on to those yet to go through the process? Any secrets of your success would be greatly appreciated!

Jess
Leonie

Post by Leonie »

Hi Joe
Congratulations! We also were in the 231 group and were so delighted and relieved to get that letter. It was a hard 8 weeks but thankfully over now and we can get on with preparing for secondary school!
Leonie
Jess

Tiffin Girls test

Post by Jess »

Hi all, still waiting forlornly for ANYBODY to shed some light on the content of the Tiffin Girls papers. I know there are 2, VR and NVR, and I know they are set by NFER, but can anyone confirm whether or not they contain the HIKNOS type questions as identified by Patricia and others as being missing from the NFER practice papers?

Also, is anyone whose daughter was successful in gaining a place, willing to share the steps they took where tuition was concerned (either DIY or a proffessional tutor)? When did they start, how often, using which materials etc? I really would be extremely grateful for any advice/tips.

Thanks in advance

Jess
Jess

Post by Jess »

Hi all, still waiting forlornly for ANYBODY to shed some light on the content of the Tiffin Girls papers. I know there are 2, VR and NVR, and I know they are set by NFER, but can anyone confirm whether or not they contain the HIKNOS type questions as identified by Patricia and others as being missing from the NFER practice papers?

Also, is anyone whose daughter was successful in gaining a place, willing to share the steps they took where tuition was concerned (either DIY or a proffessional tutor)? When did they start, how often, using which materials etc? I really would be extremely grateful for any advice/tips.

Thanks in advance

Jess
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now