Good Luck!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Kegs Mom 3

Good Luck!

Post by Kegs Mom 3 »

Not having to 'go through it' this year, :lol: , but just wanted to wish 'GOOD LUCK' to all children (and parents!) about to sit the KEGS exam!
Year 7 ds tells me the main hall at CH Boys is all set, ready for tomorrrow's exam! Oh, how it all comes flooding back!
My over-riding memories of last year;
Ds not being able to get to sleep the night before due to combination of fireworks outside :roll: and nervous apprehension,
How slowly time went while they were actually taking the exam, :roll: (naturally!)
Ds saying he had been cold while sitting the exam, :shock:
The relief when it was all over, and finally the whole family enjoying a treat to mark that fact! :lol:
Thinking of you all, GOOD LUCK :lol:
fm

Post by fm »

Actually, KEGS mom 3 has made a good point. I really would send child in layers to cope with any heating situation.

I have had pupils who have boiled through the exam due to being in a sun spot (2006 -- very late Indian summer) and children who have shivered due to being in large hall where the boiler has been cranked up too late.
clarendon

Post by clarendon »

Thanks Kegs Mom 3 for your kind wishes. I'd also like to wish all the very best to children sitting the tests and to all those anxious, but trying to hide it, and probably failing miserably to do so, parents, like me!

I'd also like to acknowledge fm and KenR who have been invaluable sources of help and have given their time and knowledge readily and generously. A big thank you to you both.

Time to go... starting to sound like an Oscar's acceptance speech!
Best Wishes and Good Luck to all

Clarendon
blackwellmum

Post by blackwellmum »

And to add!! I think this is a fantastic forum, as it helps us as parents to gain answers to questions and hopefully help others with our own ideas(and prevent us from driving our friends mad who mostly aren't interested any more/ or don't understand as they are not going through it!! I've been really interested in reading posting/answers/ new topics and look forward to going through the next few months all in the same boat so to speak!! Good luck to the kids but also to all of us who will be chauffeuring and trying to hide our nerves for them!!! keep in touch(but no discussing test for obvious reasons!!!)
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

I'd like to echo the thanks to everyone who has been so helpful and supportive. And apologise to everyone who has put up with my stress-induced ramblings.

No discussing the test?! I can tell you now exactly how much information I'll be able to prise out of him: "It was alright". :x

Mike
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

:mrgreen: Yes!! And don't forget the word 'fine'. My children use that word for everything - let's face it, it saves them having to actually think!!!
Good luck everyone!
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Good luck from over here in Gloucestershire!!!(where it is also test day tomorrow)

GM
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Thanks, gloucestermum! And good luck in return; I have a niece going through it tomoorow in Gloucestershire (although I think Cheltenham Ladies College beckons in that case - how the other half lives... :D ).

"Yes!! And don't forget the word 'fine'."

That's in two years' time when daughter goes through it. This year it's "awright". :lol:

Mike
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Thank you Mike-although my DS took the test last year and is happily now settled at GS in year 7-but I'm still here,this forum is addictive!!

Cheltenham Ladies College-now that is really how the other half live :wink:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now