e papers elevenplusexams NVR

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

e papers elevenplusexams NVR

Post by Guest »

can you please clarify a point on timing?

the e papers are 60 qns in 50 minutes, which is rather more generous timing than NFER. Is there are specific reason for this? I thought they were meant to broadly mirror NFER. I know we can cut the timing if we want, but you may have a reason for setting more time.

thanks

Post by Guest »

NFER sets exams throughout the UK. Each region has variations in question type and quatum of time. Each paper is often region specific. For instance for verbal reasoning in parts of Kent NFER sets a 120 questions in 45 minutes, in Hertfordshire 100 questions in 45 minutes, Bucks set two papers in verbal reasoning, nationally though NFER set 85 questions in 50 minutes. For verbal reasoning they also vary from 15 to 21 types of question. The ePapers you are looking at are similar in style and time as the familliarisation papers found in the shop.

Post by Guest »

The question was about NVR, not VR, and wasn't really looking for a long exposition of the many and varied exam lengths in different regions. RTQ, as others in this forum might say.

I think the point was that NFER seems to be giving 30 seconds a question, but the epapers are closer to a full minute, despite being extremely close in format and standard to NFER questions.

Post by Guest »

Why don't you just change the timing of the e-papers to suit the area you live in?