where is the 11+ actually taken

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

where is the 11+ actually taken

Post by Guest »

Is it in the childs primary school or the Grammar school they have put on their preference ?

We live on the wirral and haven't been told anything about where it will be taken only dates.

thanks
JP

11+

Post by JP »

If you live within the catchment area for the grammar school, the test will be taken in your child's school. If you are outside the catchment area your child will be invited to take the test at the grammar school.
[/b]

Post by Guest »

thanks for this.

We live about 3 miles away from Wirral Grammar so I'm not sure if this is considered Catchment area.

But I notice from the preference form about 5 miles seems to be borderline.
Mike Edwards

Post by Mike Edwards »

Hi

If your child goes to a Wirral LEA primary school he/she will sit the test in their school irrespective of the preferred choice. Wirral Girls, Wirral Boys, West Kirby and Calday all use the same test.

If you check with the headteacher of the primary school he/she will confirm this.

For other forum readers:

If your child is sitting the Wirral LEA 11+ and attends an independent primary school on the Wirral or attends a school outside the LEA area he/she will sit the test at the Grammar school of choice. This information should be with all parents who have applied to sit the test. If you have not received the information yet contact the LEA ASAP.

Regards

Mike

Post by Guest »

thanks Mike.

Understood,,, Will contact the head.

Regards

Post by Guest »

Hi Mike,

Have been informed she will be taking the test at WIRRAL Grammar which is suprising. As I thought it would be her primary school..

We live 3 Miles away...

regards
Mike Edwards

Post by Mike Edwards »

Hi

I thought it was unusual that a pupil in a Wirral LEA primary school should be sitting a test at the grammar school. As it is the general case that the pupil would sit the test in their own primary school

All parents of pupils sitting the test should have been informed where they will be sitting the test, either by their primary school or via the LEA.

I spoke to Wirral LEA pupil services today and they explained that under certain circumstances a child in a Wirral LEA primary school may sit the test in one of the grammar schools.

Children from the Wallasey and Birkenhead area may sit the test at the grammar school.

If a primary school has a small number of pupils sitting the test the children may be asked to sit the test at the grammar school for logistic reasons.

The person I spoke to said that some schools don't want to get involved in the testing process and children from these schools may be asked to sit the test at the grammar school.

Hope this makes the issue clearer.

What I thought was a general and quite simple administrative process is obviously more complicated.

Most questions regarding the administration of the test can be answered by the headteacher of the primary school or Pupil Services.

Regards

Mike

Post by Guest »

>>If a primary school has a small number of pupils sitting the test the >>children may be asked to sit the test at the grammar school for logistic >>> reasons.

Possibly the case here as only around 8 children are sitting the test.

>>>The person I spoke to said that some schools don't want to get involved >>>in the testing process and children from these schools may be asked to >>>sit the test at the grammar school.

Even more possibly the case, as we have had very little information about it.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now