wiltshire verbal reasoning - 15 or 21 types?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wiltshire (Wilts)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
wizard

wiltshire verbal reasoning - 15 or 21 types?

Post by wizard »

Can anyone confirm whether wiltshire verbal reasoning test is 15 or 21 types.

Also any indication of recent pass mark % for wiltshire would be helpful. Other counties on this forum talk about 85% plus but I have heard wiltshire is less than this.

many thanks
sycamore

Post by sycamore »

Hi wizard

Wilts uses the 15 type Nfer format. There is loads of info if you look at the Regions section.

I Have been told that last years pass mark for SWGS was 317 but I have no idea if Bishops sets its own pass mark. This of course relates to the combined standardised scores from the 3 papers, with an average of about 109. This is low compared to pass marks I have seen in posts in other areas. I have heard of raw scores of anything from 75% to 85% being quoted by tutors in Wilts but I would guestimate somewhere in the middle of these. The Nfer website gives a full explanation of how standardisation is calculated. Would recommend a large glass of wine before you attempt to read it!

Out of interest, when is your child sitting the 11+?

Good luck,
Sycamore
wizard

Countdown begins..

Post by wizard »

Hi sycamore,

nice to know there is at least one other wiltshire parent on this site!!

DS sits test this weekend at Bishops. I just had a last minute panic on the VR question types but it is as I thought - thanks.

Sounds like you have a daughter so our paths wont cross on saturday - but all the best. Might post later in the week when my stress levels are increasing...

I think around 300 sit the Bishops test - how about at SWGS?
sycamore

Post by sycamore »

Hi wizard,
I can't believe we are the only 2 wilts parents!
In recent years there have been 330-380 girls sit the test at SWGS but I reckon the credit crunch effect might push the numbers up to 400. Can't wait for Saturday to be over, but then again I don't know how I'm going to manage the wait until results in March. I think I might go completely mad!
Good luck to your son on Saturday,
Sycamore