Oh no - nerves are kicking in!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Jen'smum

Oh no - nerves are kicking in!

Post by Jen'smum »

Hi. How is everyone holding up now Friday is fast approaching?

I've been okay and thinking what will be will be. But now Friday is looming, I'm starting to get really nervous! DD seems ok - is busy at school and with packed social life as usual so not much time to worry!

I'm okay and then I remember Friday and my stomach does a flip! :roll:

Please tell me I'm not alone!!
Bring me sunshine ....
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
shaann

Post by shaann »

I`m feeling the same !

DD came out of the test with a real `job done`attitude even with score predictions!! we felt really good...but now i`m thinking ,what if several pages were stuck together that she didn`t notice.!So many people are talking about that very hard paper 2...how did she manage to finish if others didn`t?

And my mind goes on and on,.......Do you people have the old 2 voice syndrome aswell..one saying its all fine and then the other in my case saying the pages got stuck together!

Not long now we will soon know.

What order will you open your envelopes in?

Best wishes to all anyway,keep it together.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

shaann wrote: What order will you open your envelopes in?
We'll open the two Gloucester High School envelopes first. DD doesn't know they're coming, so won't miss them. Then she will open the Stroud one once she gets home from school. At least we'll be out of our misery!
Capers
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LML69

Post by LML69 »

My eldest DD told me to expect the worst and then we wouldn't be disappointed! But if DD no. 2 gets in, well thats a 'Brucie bonus' :D
I too have been going through the same, how can she come out so positive saying they were easy, when some of the mega boffins in her class were saying how difficult the 2nd paper was, I am preparing myself for the worst, me thinks something may have gone horribly wrong. DD no.2 knows she is fortunate to be in a 'win win' situation though, if all else fails she will get in to one of the best comprehensives in Gloucestershire, and we will be fine with that. They have all tried their best and we can't ask for them to do much more :D
Good luck for Friday everyone.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Glos_Mum wrote:How will we know what envelope comes from what school?
Stroud High used a nice cream envelope when they sent the exam details out.

My fingernails seem to have disappeared. Not that I'm nervous.
Capers
LML69

Post by LML69 »

Just ambushed my postman, he has taken my mobile no. and will call me as soon as he leaves the depot on Friday. Am I really sad ???? :?
shaann

Post by shaann »

The envelope from Denmark will be brown with their tree logo on it.I was thinking because of that they would all be logo stamped...nice cream from Stroud is fine though just leaves 2 to stress over!!

Anybody with experience of Ribston and Pates envelopes?

And of course the boys schools for you with DS.

Just another thought....there are people sat right now all accross the county, folding our results and popping them in the aformentioned envelopes....with that thought I best go do something else. :lol:
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

Bunking in from Bucks....edited this post as have now read up on the Gloucs tests - I think I like it less than the Bucks test :roll:

Masses of good luck to you all for Friday, almost there now so keep on with the crossed fingers and toes - let's hope your posties perform as well!!

Ambridge x
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now