When do we get the results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

JaysDarlin

When do we get the Slough Consortium results?

Post by JaysDarlin »

Does anyone know when the Slough Consortium test sitters get their results?

Just mildly interested....

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

The letter from HG advised the 4th Dec. Unsure about the other two, maybe someone else will know.
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

You mean we will get the results before the Tiffin exam, which is on the 9th?

Will that be a good thing, or a bad thing - given that Tiffins is meant to be much harder! :?
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Yes, Langley will be getting their results on the same day,

Thursday 4th December - so it WILL be before the Tiffin exam! Yikes!
partygirl

Post by partygirl »

Bewildered wrote:The letter from HG advised the 4th Dec. Unsure about the other two, maybe someone else will know.
I asked one of the teachers when my daughter sat the Slough exam last week and was told that the results would be posted out on 8th Dec.
partygirl

Post by partygirl »

Have decided not to tell my daughter the results of St Bernalds before the Tiffin exam. Won't know the Slough result prior to taking the Tiffin exam as the Slough results will arrive on the same day as the Tiffin exam.
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Hmm, PartyGirl, I may do the same - otherwise it can be a real confidence knocker if they dont pass the "so called easier one", just before they are about to sit "the harder one"
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Party Girl - You live in Heston - so close to me!!! I used to live there a few years ago :lol:

What if your ds passes - with really good marks - are you STILL not going to tell her :?:
partygirl

Post by partygirl »

Unfortunately my daughter failed, got 110 so am gutted at the moment, she sat the Tiffin exam today but I am being realistic that she hasn't got a hope of getting into Tiffin. Still haven't told her the other result and won't until she asks. Now have to pray that she gets her first choice non grammar school. :cry:
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Oh, PartyGirl, thats a shame! I'm so sorry to hear that. :(

Im sure she will do well in the school she gets into, as she has been prepped up to a very high standard. As someone else on this forum stated "It's better to be a big fish in a small pool than a tiny fish in very large pool". There are so many nightmare stories of Tiffin School going round at this moment that I can see pros and cons about all schools.

My son found Tiffin's extremely hard aswell.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now