Sutton Boys today

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tomtom

Sutton Boys today

Post by tomtom »

What did everyone feel about the exam today at Sutton Boys? :?:
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

I hope it went well for you all today. Must be a relief to have it over with.

Have an R&R weekend!
Giulio

Post by Giulio »

my son seemed confident
felt better than his performance at Wallington

unsure if this is because he did better or if because the exam was easier

also same impression from a friends' DS
doolalley

Sutton boys test- was your son too cold?

Post by doolalley »

Hi,

Just wondered what everyone else's opinions were. My son sat the test last Saturday and he was in zone 10. When he came out of the test he said the exam room was freezing. This obvioulsy concerened me because they were sitting in that room for a heck of a long time doing tests. If it was as cold as he said than those sitting in a nice warm room could have a serious advantage over those sitting in a cold room. Being cold would have affected their concentration and may even affect wether they are selected for the school or not.

I would really like to know what any of the other children (that would have been seated in the same area as zone 10 ) thought about the temperature of the room. I wouldn't want to complain if noone else thought the same thing. I don't even know what they could do about it now that the children have sat the test anyway but at least it would be good to hear what other people thought.

Thanks.

Ps Well done boys ( regardless of what area you sat in!)
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

I would write to the school saying that your son came out and said the room was very cold throughout the test. Clearly the exam is over, but if he missed getting a place by say just one or two marks you would have your letter as evidence of mitigating circumstances if you chose to appeal.

I'm so sorry you have the extra worry of this. One of my sons had a light flickering above him for a whole day during an exam last year and I couldn't believe he hadn't said anything. I dithered about it, but in the end rang up to let them know there had been a problem.
tomtom

Sutton Zone 10

Post by tomtom »

Our son was in zone 10. He said that he was not too bad but he had a tee shirt and sweat shirt on. He says that the teachers told the boys that they should should take their coats off as it would warm up - but he said it didn't, and some of the boys behind him were shivering!

Not sure whether we will say anything but if your son says that he was cold its probably worth telling them.

Tomtom :!:
sunnymummy

Post by sunnymummy »

Ds is being mysterious about it all but seems upbeat. Hoping for more information in time. Didn't seem to be any shocks.
ElevenplusParent

Post by ElevenplusParent »

My son said it was Okay. He said he was not allowed to write more than one page for the essay. Is that right?
JASMINE

Post by JASMINE »

Hi all,

My son was in zone 8. He found the hall okay, he did have a tee shirt and woolly jumper and doesn't really feel the cold. He hasn't said much apart from it was much better than Wallington.

A quick question for the mods, when is it safe to talk about the exam contents ?