Correct answers to test?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
her mum

Correct answers to test?

Post by her mum »

I've been following this forum but this is my first post - on a forum - ever!

Daughter just missed the Bucks 11+ - got 117 and 119. She was expected to pass.

She's always been a bit slow on answering the questions - likes to make sure she gets things perfect.

We'll be going to appeal with lots of school support but will be arguing that as she takes ages making sure she's confident of her answer, she didn't complete the tests. (She was a few questions from the end but had skipped a few getting there). Can we find out how many she got right of the questions that she answered? Is this information that the panel will have?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Welcome, her mum.

It ought to be possible to get this information, but I'm not sure if they'll respond to a simple request, or whether you'll need to apply under the Data Protection Act. If you ring County Hall, someone should be able to tell you what to do.

As a last resort, the panel could send for the information at the hearing. (It is not automatically given to the panel for each case.)
Etienne
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi her mum

When you call County Hall, please make sure that you push to be put through to Admissions themselves.

The first point of contact by phone is the "Customer Contact Centre" (or some such name) and they are not as well-informed as they should be at times, and have been known to give out incorrect advice.

If needs be, keep asking: "Are you in the Admissions Department itself?"

Your question is a technical one, and the only people who can help you are Admissions themselves. Please note the name of the person you spoke to, and confirm everything you are told by email.

Sally-Anne
her mum

Post by her mum »

Thnak you for these comments. We don't want to be in the situation where the panel has more information than we do!