What was the pass rate in your childs year?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
charliecat

What was the pass rate in your childs year?

Post by charliecat »

My daughters school has 13/14 pass. Tunbridge Wells.
All of the girls are putting TWGGS as first choice.
What about your school?

<needing entertaining while waiting for march to come :roll: >
shuff

Post by shuff »

My DS's school is in Sussex, 7 out of 8 passed, only 3 will probably stand a chance of getting into Kent Grammars. One girl got full marks and will definitely get into TGS.
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

My daughter's school is probably one of the nearest to teh grammar schools in TW; approximately 17 girls passed and probably the same number of boys. Every single girl is putting TWGGS as first choice (although quite a few would get into ToGS). I think there are about 7 or 8 boys putting SKinners. AFAIK none are going for Judd this year although again they have the high marks necessary. THe rest of teh boys are going for "Tec" (boys' grammar). We had a few unexpected fails this year, mainly boys, who I think will all be appealing.
georgex

Post by georgex »

In my daughters class 9 girls took test 3 didn't pass 3 passed with full marks and the other 3 scored over 400. Don't know about the boys this was just one class
perplexed

Post by perplexed »

I'm sorry to ask this - not meaning to be rude - but in what way will this information be useful to anyone?

It might be good if everyone replied with the following:

primary school name
number in year 6
number that sat 11+ in September
number that passed

Then it give people for whom the 11+ will be in future years an idea of how their primary school fares in the 11+ (in one year only though, may not be typical).
outofcounty

how did your child do

Post by outofcounty »

Sounds good but for us out of county people, might be useful to give an idea of how many passes are high passes.
I know of many children who 'passed' but were under 400 and therefore no longer in competition for a place at a grammar school.
perplexed

Post by perplexed »

Why, which grammar schools only give places to out of county children if they are high scorers?
charliecat

Post by charliecat »

perplexed - not meaning to be rude myself, but I did put in my OP that it was for entertainment purposes.
outofcounty

high passes needed

Post by outofcounty »

E.g. in my area, East Sussex, the only options available for boys are Judd and Skinners which are superselective and require high marks to get into, regardless of where you live. The other grammars nearby use the more usual catchment area system.
shuff

Post by shuff »

I find any information on this site, especially who scored what, very useful as I am out of county and out of the loop. Of course nothing will change by knowing more of the facts, but it is interesting to know how many boys/girls passed etc. It may be of no interest to peplexed, so I would not bother reading a thread which is irrelevant to you.