Queen Mary Grammar School Exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

za1

Queen Mary Grammar School Exam

Post by za1 »

My son is sitting the last of the Grammar School tests on Wednesday. Then just KES and Priory to go in January.

Anyone else sitting the QM test? I understand it's nfer VR and NVR.

Good luck to all the children taking the test.
clarendon

Post by clarendon »

Hi za1 my daughter is taking the test... yes it is nfer based vr and nvr. She's then taking KEHS next year... bit of a long shot as she's had no special prep. for that but thought got to give it t try!

Good luck to your son and all the other test weary children and parents... cheer up it'll soon be Christmas!!
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Good luck both to your children on Wednesday. And anyone else who may be lurking...

Mike
sati

Post by sati »

My son is also sitting this exam - thankfully for us this is the last one and we are both looking forward to it, as it has been a really stressful year or son.

Anyway good luck to all the children ... :wink:
fm

Post by fm »

Yes, it is NFER based but my understanding is that it is more time pressured and many more questions than Bishop Vesey's/Sutton, so a little warning that this may be the case would be advisable for those who did the Sutton exams and are expecting a re-run. I think it is something like 85 to 100 VR compared to 45 in Sutton, and possibly 60+ instead of the 40 non-verbal. Maybe someone else will have exact figures. So few of my pupils do it and only as backup so I rarely get feedback.

It is also, I believe, multiple choice verbal reasoning--again not like Sutton--so make sure they can use this to their advantage e.g. only having to possibly decode first 3 letters if they're unique etc.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now