QM Grammar School Test Feedback

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
za1

QM Grammar School Test Feedback

Post by za1 »

On a separate subject from the issues with the invigilators - what did your kids think of the QM Exam?

My son sat the test and his feedback was :

- Verbal - he thought this was quite easy and finished all the questions.

- NVR - he said that this was 'solid' (quite hard) and found that he still had 5 to do with 2 mins left - so he said he made some guesses for these.
quizzer

Post by quizzer »

VR was just the like the Nfer papers and of the same standard,and was much easier then some of the papers which we were using as practice and DS finished it well in time and is confident of a very high score over 95% as he had achieved on the Nfer practice papers.

NVR was again of the same standard as the Nfer practice papers and DS said they were ok but had to guess the last two because of time pressure but is confident in the ones he done.

Quizzer
deb489

Post by deb489 »

DS and Nephew came out smiling and said we had been practicing more difficult papers and this exam was on par with the Bishop Vessy one...it was easy..

VR same level of difficulty as the Nfer practice papers...so pretty straight forward, expecting only to get a couple wrong if any.

NVR again on the same level as the Nfer practice papers and both said they had to rush the last two on the second part, but apart from that it was also straight forward.

Nephew has a higher working speed then DS so his problems with the invigilator may not have effected him much and seems happy enough within himself.

Debbie
sati

Post by sati »

My son also sat the test and didn't have enough time to finish the VR (missed last 2 questions). As for NVR, he completed it but had to guess a few.

Just have to wait now but we are both glad it's all over and in fact it felt like I've just finished my exams.
ss1

Post by ss1 »

My daughter took the QM exam last year as well as the Sutton and King Edwards, she passed all 3 and was offerred a place at the highest selection of King Edwards Handsworth. When I checked with QM she was 80th on the list so only actually got in by around 10 places or so. I think the point to note with the QM exam is that everybody does really well in it as they know exactly the style of questions that will be appearing, so to get in you would need to be 90%+ in both papers considering there are probably around 700 -800 candidates. I would conclude for this reason its actually one of the harder Grammar Schools to get offerred a place in.
clarendon

Post by clarendon »

ss1 congratulations to you daughter on doing so well last year. Can you tell me how you know she passed all the exams,please? I ask because my understanding of the allocation process is that the child receives one offer only according to exam performance and how they have ranked the schools. I wasn't aware you received results of all the 11+ tests that have been taken.

Thanks Clarendon
fm

Post by fm »

Last year, for the first time ever, Birmingham Education Authority sent everybody their Sutton/BV results, regardless of whether they achieved King Edward. Also, I believe the QM schools will release figures if you ask. Only King Edward are coy about it but will release figures if you insist.
clarendon

Post by clarendon »

Thanks for that clarification, fm
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now