HT’s additional information

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Rob Clark

HT’s additional information

Post by Rob Clark »

Hi,
On the HT’s Appeal Summary, section 8 is for ‘HT’s Additional Information’. Our HT has used this space to indicate our daughter’s ranking in the year group, putting a specific placing on it.

Should she have done this?

I was under the impression that the idea behind having a grid rather than the ‘Order of Suitability’ was to get away from this sort of precise ranking.

Won’t such specific information influence a panel’s thinking?
Sally-Anne

Re: HT’s additional information

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Rob
Rob Clark wrote:Should she have done this?
No, because that part of the process has been dropped. There is no longer a ranking within the recommendation levels. The panel will know that, and the information doesn't really help the panel if there is no context, i.e. the recommendations above and below her, also in order.

If I recall correctly, the Head's manual for this year did originally state that there would be some form of list within the recommendations - I think it was alphabetical. The manual was then reissued a month or so later with all references to any sort of "list" deleted. It has been a confusing business for Heads who are used to the old system.

Does the level given reflect badly on your case? If you prefer to PM me on this question you are welcome to.

Sally-Anne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now