How did your child find the Tiffin exam?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
JaysDarlin

How did your child find the Tiffin exam?

Post by JaysDarlin »

Hooray! It's all over! No more 11+ exams for us! :D

We just came back, and here's the low-down...

He found the VR ok, tough, but he said it was manageable.

For NVR..... He said it was "off the charts" and had to guess 18 questions, and marked them all with an A.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

He went and came back in extremely good spirits, and I'm so happy for him!
Gilly

Post by Gilly »

DS found the VR ok and as usual but NVR was simply harder. He had to guess answers for 3 questions in the end. He wanted to revisit 4 or 5 questions but didn't find time to get back to them.

Much relieved it is over now. Looking forward to few days away in the coming weeks. :)

It was bit emotional last night :( when I, for the last time, saved and closed the tracking document that I had kept during these days where I used to enter all the different question papers, scores, dates, schedules, days countdown, etc, etc..

It's been just great interacting in here all these days. Thank you everyone. All the very best.

Gilly
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Anne of Avonlea:

"None of us ever do," [live up to their ideals] said Mrs Allan with a sigh.
"But then, Anne, you know what Lowell says, "Not failure but low aim is crime." We must have ideals and try to live up to them, even if we never quite succed. Life would be a sorry business without them. With them, it's grand and great. Hold fast to your ideals, Anne."

Yes Gilly, it certainly has been grand and great. After our great clean up last night, ds looked sadly and said "tomorrow is the last day of the 11+....."

Thanks to everyone who made it so great.
boltew

cold

Post by boltew »

Did anyone else's DS find the sports hall really cold today? My son came out shivering with numb feet.
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Hi Boltew,

My son was fine - but my son hardy ever feels cold - he likes it quite cool.
Gilly

Post by Gilly »

boltew,

My son was also in the sports hall and he found it just fine.

Gilly
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Where's Drastic Dad?
partygirl

Post by partygirl »

Do they sit the same exam at the Girls school? my daughter finished the VR exam with 5 mins to go so was able to go back and check questions, she ran out of time doing the VR for Slough. Found some of the questions on the NVR hard so had to guess.
Drastic Dad

Post by Drastic Dad »

JaysDarlin wrote:Where's Drastic Dad?
My son found the exam "OK". (sorry don't want to discuss the paper at this stage as the headboy at his school is told to sit the exam in January due to admin error on Tiffin's part). There must be some others who would sit the exam in Jan. Hey JD I saw a black Audi outside Tiffin gate with an interesting licence plate. It read "JAYS X". So is he still dragging her around???
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

:shock:
Last edited by JaysDarlin on Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now