Second Paper

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
NotionPotion

Second Paper

Post by NotionPotion »

so how did the 2nd paper go? Was it easier/harder than the 1st paper? It's very quiet here tonight. I guess everyone is chilling out and relaxing and maybe burning their verbal reasoning books..........
cyberbird

Post by cyberbird »

Yes, I think everyone is glad it's over.

My son found todays test easier and talked of only 1 real guess, wheras he had to guess 13 last time to some degree.

He did mention the type N's were more tricky than usual but he likes them and seemed confident that he got them right. Also he said one of the type Z's was difficult but had enough time to work it out in the end.
kittyhola

Post by kittyhola »

Yep DD also said this was the better paper. So hopefully the combined scores will be enough. :)
kelannhugh

Post by kelannhugh »

My daughter found this one alot harder, she said took her a while to work out the first few and she ran out of time. I'm a bit worried for her. Just have to wait and see what happens.
kittyhola

Post by kittyhola »

How did she find the first paper? My DD had friends who said they preferred last week's to yesterday. I think it can depend on whether the child has a particularly good vocab and finds the word questions easier than the maths or vice versa. Yesterday's paper was by no means easy - I think for some there was just a feeling of relief that it wasn't harder.
kelannhugh

Post by kelannhugh »

She found the first paper a bit hard also but managed to finish and had to guess 5.

She said that the second paper took her longer to work out, so i'm guessing she had a few code questions to crack which she does get right but takes her a while.

We have always had a problem with her timing. I should of got her a tutor looking back now.

She seemed ok when i picked her up even thou she didnt finish paper, but I am a bit worried for her. Just hoping she did well enough on the first.
sjo070

Post by sjo070 »

My daughter found both papers pretty tough although felt that she did a lot better in the 2nd paper. Its so hard to tell because once they're home, they don't seem to want to talk a great deal ............... hardly surprising I guess!

Lots of her friends were kept away from school due to illness, which unsettled her a bit.

Does anyone know if those who miss the paper due to illness/absence sit the same paper as our children, or do they get a different paper?
Pensby

Post by Pensby »

Hi
Any children off sick sit the same paper,last year a boy in my sons class sat it about 2 weeks late in the heads office the class were told not to tell him anything about the paper as it would give an unfair advantage !
I'm sure your all glad its all over now,enjoy Xmas the wait till results will go over quickly !
Good luck Pensby :lol: