useful web-sites or downloads for verbal reasoning

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Linda

useful web-sites or downloads for verbal reasoning

Post by Linda »

HELLO EVERYONE

my son is practicing 13+ vr for Feburary 09. I asked him to do all the stuff on this website :) . But where else can i find more stuff for my son to practice?

:? :? :? :?

if anyone have got any wanderful stuff which can share with me that will be great. :D

thanks a lot

LD
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Linda

I would be very surprised indeed if your son has already worked through everything on this site!! There must be well over a hundred thousand questions on here, in downloads and printed papers!

If you can tell us which materials you have already used, where you are, and the format of the VR test, we will be happy to help advise you on what else might be appropriate.

Sally-Anne

Edit: I have just remembered that you are in Bucks.
Linda

Post by Linda »

HI Sally-Anne.

I think my son only done all the stuff from free downloads and tudor e-papers. he did some ae books, Spelling and vocab; verbal reasoning.
he did some IPS stuff.

that's all i can remember.

thanks for helping anyway.

linda
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Linda

I strongly recommend Susan Daughtrey "Bright Sparks" to you at this stage for overall practice and timing.

They are very close to the real thing, but you will need to cut the time down to 45 minutes instead of 50 minutes, and allow for the fact that they are only 80 questions instead of 85 for the 13+.

If your son has specific weak points, let us know and we will recommend something.

Sally-Anne
Linda

Post by Linda »

hi Sally-Anne

I have bought Susan Daughtrey "Bright Sparks" for my son. thanks for the recommend. he didn't do it right now because I'm trying to fix his word problems. His spelling and meaning etc are poor.

If you can recommend anything about word. That's very kind of you.

thank you again

Linda
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Try playing scrabble, using the dictionary. Also games with homonyms, antonyms ans synonyms are fun and helpful. If you google Homonym games, you will find loads. BBc and woodlands junior school sites are very reliable
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Some more ideas ...

Have you used the 3 word lists from Patricia and The Tutors here: (scroll to the bottom)?

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/revisi ... wnload.php

If not, go through them and check understanding and spelling.

Also, in everyday comversation, look out for compound words and ask questions, such as:

"Does every + day make a compound word?" :D

Look out especially for compound words with t - h in the middle, such as feat-her.

Sally-Anne

P.S. Yoyo recommends Woodlands Junior School website, and I agree - it is quite amazing, and I frequently come across it when surfing for ideas and information in one of my "other lives".
Linda

Post by Linda »

I have dowloaded all free resources from the web-site sally-anne showed me.
thanx for helping.
linda
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now