Lancaster scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lancashire & Cumbria

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Lancaster scores

Post by Guest »

My son is about to take the 11+. Does anyone have any idea what sort of scores he needs to be getting in practise tests to get a place?

We are outside the catchment area!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi

went to see the headmaster a couple of years ago as we were thinking of moving to the area (ended up in N Yorks instead ).
The situation at the time (if I remember rightly) was that they quoted Richmond type scores with a combined score of two scores. Can't remember which.
The places are filled ++ with local boys down to a score of 200+ and then the remaoning places are given to outside catchment boys - most scoring over 230 and some over 240.

I got loads of info talking to the headmaster and the school and they were v helpful. Worth you having a chat to them.
Whereabouts are you ? - what are your other options??

Post by Guest »

Thanks for that!
Haven't done richmond tests, but his year 5 Nfer were all above 130.
We are about ten miles south of Lancaster - and about three miles south of the catchment area.
Don't know what we'll do if he doesn't get in, as other local schools don't like being put second!

Post by Guest »

Hi

You said that the Richmond score was 130 what was the RAW mark?

Scores

Post by Guest »

Not sure of raw marks - the school didn't provide them, just a pretty little graph and the standardised scores!
He took them at the end of year five when he was about ten years and nine months, if that is relevant!
Scors were 131 for reading and comprehension and 142 for maths - the other one just says national curriculum level 5, which is less helpful!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now