bucks 11+ result

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
worried

bucks 11+ result

Post by worried »

I heard somewhere that the bucks 11+ result will be published online. Is this true? I can't see any paperwork saying that. My understanding was that the result will be out on the 24th (less than two weeks !), the children in bucks schools will get the letter from the school and others will get it by post. As we areout of bucks we don't even have any login/password for the bcc website. Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks.
JuliaB

Post by JuliaB »

Hi Worried

I have a very clear letter from the Bucks school my son attends. It says that children will be coming home from school on Friday 24th November with results letters in their hot sweaty hands. (So we can sob or celebrate all weekend no doubt. ) The results will not be available online.

I would have thought that as you are out of county they will arrange that the results are posted to arrive the same time as ours.

I logged into the Bucks website and found nothing that said the information will be available online.

Hope this helps,

Julia
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi worried

I cannot imagine any cirumstances under which BCC would publish the results online. They would be breaching every known "privacy" law I can think of. I am also certain that they do not have the resources to cope with providing secure passwords to 2000+ parents in Bucks.

I am afraid that envelope is yours, and yours alone.

I wish everyone the very best of luck next Friday. If your child doesn't make "the cut" this forum is the best place you could turn to for support

Good luck!
Sally-Anne
NL3

Post by NL3 »

Will the children who sat their 11+ later still receive their results at this time? My son (who is out of county) completed his second test yesterday so should we expect his results later?
Thanks
m
NL3

Post by NL3 »

Will the children who sat their 11+ later still receive their results at this time? My son (who is out of county) completed his second test yesterday so should we expect his results later?
Thanks
m
worried

result

Post by worried »

Thanks for the reply. I thought it will be by letter too, but another mum told me that she has got some letter somwhere saying that it will be online. It must be a mistake.

We are out of Bucks too, but my son had done his tests before the half term in his school. I thought all bucks tests should be done by 27/11/06. That is what Bucks told us. I don't know whether the children who has done the test after the 27th Octo will get their result on the 24th of Nov.

Will we get our result on the 24th? How about the postal delays? My son says he wants to open the envelope, so we will have to wait until the evening (if we get it on the 24th). I hope he get good news otherwise I don't know how he will cope.

Post by Guest »

Worried,

I know every child is different and you know your child best but i thought that last year that my son wouldn't cope and when he bought his envelope home and gave it to me i was a nervous wreck. Although predicted 131 - 141 by the school he fell short (116). I tried not to cry as i told him he had done very well but unfortunately had not quite made it - his reply? Oh well i did my best can i go and play the playstation now? - off he went leaving me in a state of shock :cry: We do have a happy ending however as we got through on appeal (the worst 2 months of my life) and my son has settled in well but had he not been succesfull i'm sure he would have been happy with the local comp - the moral being that what is in that envelope is NOT the be all and end all and he (and you!) will cope.

GOOD LUCK

Sam

Post by Guest »

the online result is for the school given not the 11plus result.
worried

Post by worried »

Thank you Sam. I do hope it's a happy story for us too. I know that I am the nervous wreck. Fingers crosse for everyone.

I spoke to the mum who told me about the online result and she said that she misread her letter. It's definitely not online result, it's good old Royal Mail for us.

Good luck everyone.
Greenrj

Content of results letter

Post by Greenrj »

We have a son who will be getting his 11+ results next Friday. We have decided to let him open the letter once he gets home from school. We would like to make sure that he has a clue as to what he might see on the letter ie the format. I know that there are two scores given but not sure how they are presented. I would be nice for him not to have to search through the letter and get confused as to whether he has passed or not.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ray
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now