The End?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Pi

The End?

Post by Pi »

I understand that today, 13th Nov, is the closing day for all re-sits at KEG VI schools. Can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks

Pi
KenR

Post by KenR »

I'm not sure if today was the last date for bulk resits or not, but don't forget that there may be further exams at a later date for children moving into the region.

There was an exam last March for example to cover children of new relocatees. We know a family who relocated from Europe and whose child took the exam then.

Don't ask me how they allocate places from exam groups like this - I haven't a clue. Durham must have a sophisticated normalisation methodology I guess.

Presumably this would only apply to children who have not been given the opportunity to take any sort of 11+ exam elsewhere in the country.

Raises an interesting general question about what happens when a child passes an 11+ plus exam in one LEA or county and the parents move to another area? How do you compare 11+ exam scores between regions.

viz. If you take an 11+ exam in say Essex and pass with say a standardised score of 121, do the KE foundation just simply treat that as an equivalent score for their exams? Or do they take the Headmasters reports from their previous school?
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Ken

Bucks will NOT take into account an 11 plus taken from another county/area/school. A child could receive top marks, still not interested, the child MUST take the The 2 Bucks VR tests.

Children coming from other areas or who are ill at the time, take the SAME test, ie same questions!

Would be Interesting to discover the situation in other areas.

Perhaps in another section though!

Patricia
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now