private coach/bus to Slough Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

JagS

private coach/bus to Slough Grammar

Post by JagS »

Happy new year to everyone
Does anyone know if there is a private coach/bus running on a daily basis from the Hounslow area to transport pupils to/from Slough Grammar & Langley Grammar
If there is sucha service available, would you have their contact details.
Many thanks
chad

Post by chad »

Hi
I believe there are two coaches that go in that general direction......I have seen them pick up from Slough Grammer at about 3.50 - 4.
I know a girl that travels from Greenford on one of them.

There is also public transport (by the looks of it Bus No. 81) ....see link

http://www.carlberry.co.uk/rfnshowr.asp?RN=LO081A

There is a stop directly outside Slough grammar fields.
chad

Post by chad »

The two coaches that I see leave SG at about 4pm are the 'Hounslow' and the 'Hayes' coaches...I think they have students from other schools in the area as well.
you could contact the SG office for the details.
Nayna P

Post by Nayna P »

Hi All,

I'm also looking for transportation from Hounslow to Slough Grammar. I contacted the school but they say they do not get involved in school transport and it is the parents responsibility. I also called up Dhillon Coaches and they said they stopped their service last year.
Anybody out there got any more information about private coach/bus/taxi from Hounslow to Slough Grammar?

Regards

Nayna
chad

Post by chad »

Found this in my files....

School coach service – operated by Paly Coaches 07958 299844, from Hayes, Hounslow,
Southall and Hillingdon. Please contact them directly for details of routes and charges. This
service is independent of the school.

This was from the Langley Grammar website.... but I think it covers Slough G too.
overpeck

Post by overpeck »

I thought the 81 bus went from Hounslow to Slough free bus and pretty sure it stops right outside SGS
partygirl

Post by partygirl »

Yes the bus is free but the downside is that the bus takes 1 hour from Hounslow West and 1 hr 15 from Hounslow Bus garage. Pupils will need to catch the 7.16am bus from Hounslow West to get to school on time as they have to be in school by 8:30am.

I think for the first few months the coach may worth considering even if we have to pay for it.
Nayna P

Post by Nayna P »

Hi partygirl

I feel the same way. I don't mind my son taking the 81 bus later on but just for the first couple of terms I would like to make it easier for him. I might change my mind if he had someone to go with but the friends who passed the SG exam, some were on the waiting list for Tiffin and got in and one of them may move to Slough. So at the moment still considering the coach.

Nayna
partygirl

Post by partygirl »

Well perhaps your son and my daughter could travel to school on the bus together if we don't get a coach sorted as it sounds like we live in the same area.

I had exactly the same concerns when my son started Tiffin. An hour bus journey from Heston. I went with him on the bus on his first day of school and he told me that he wanted to travel on his own after that. It turns out there were other pupils travelling from Heston too. I think that we will find the same with the 81 bus if our children have to use it particularly as the children travelling to St Bernard's will have to use the same bus stop.

Did you go to the new parents evening tonight? It sounds like PAL coaches is unsafe, particularly the older pupil saying that it wasn't a good idea to use them.
Plumbuddle

transport to Slough from Ealing/Hounslow

Post by Plumbuddle »

Hi folks, sorry not to have got involved in this debate earlier, been tearing my hair out. My son is joining year 7 this sept and travelling daily from south Ealing to Hounslow West then via the 81 to SGS. At the moment we are planning to go with him and back for the first month but it's going to be hard to keep up given that both of us work (albeit part time). If anyone wants to carshare, share bus chaperoning, or share a childminder to do the travelling with our children from Ealing or Hounslow West to the school & back then we would be very interested in linking up with you.