Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Charlotte67

Children's Tax Credit

Post by Charlotte67 »

My brother alerted me to this:

http://www.taxcredits.org.uk/?gclid=CIy ... 3godumy9Cw

He has claimed and received over £1000; not to be sniffed at!

Charlotte
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I heard about this about a week or so ago.

We enquired about it, but unfortunately had already received it when it was originally available :cry:

Nice little pressie for those of you who haven't yet had it - and do make sure you claim it, you're entitled to it, it's yours - get it!!
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Wow!!

Thanks for that! I shall do that form tonight. Definitely not to be sniffed at!!
Pinkboots

Post by Pinkboots »

Not wishing to sound greedy :oops: but I am wondering whether you can claim this direct without going through the agency. Their commission is a little high.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Oh, I didn't see a mention of commission...
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

Pinkboots wrote:Not wishing to sound greedy :oops: but I am wondering whether you can claim this direct without going through the agency. Their commission is a little high.
Yes, I'm sure you can - have a search on the web. I will later, when I have time.
happymum

Post by happymum »

Yes you can claim it back direct from your local tax office. Also if you check your P60's for the period in question and your tax code ends in H or T - then you've already had it.
Susan

Post by Susan »

This is the text from the email that is circulating about this:
It is called the Children's Tax Allowance for the Year 2002/3.
You can still claim this tax allowance before the 31 January 2009 deadline.

You need to visit the Inland Revenue site, find the number for your local office and give them a call and ask them to check whether you have already received this allowance and, if not, enquire as to what action you need to take. ( http://search2.hmrc.gov.uk/kbroker/hmrc ... /start.jsp )
You are eligible to claim £520.00 allowance if;
*You have a child born between 6 April 1986 and 5 April 2003
*The child lived with you for all or part of 2002/2003
*You worked and paid tax for all or part of 2002/2003
*You or your partner earned £6,000 plus in the year 2002/2003 tax year
You are eligible for the £1,040 allowance if;
*If you can answer yes to the four questions above, and
*One of your children was born between 6 April 2002 and 5 April 2003

Notes:-
*Making a claim does not affect your current or future entitlement to Working or Child Tax credits.
*Your Marital status is irrelevant
*You cannot claim the allowance twice and if your final tax code on your April 2003 P60 ended in a H or a T, you have already had the allowance.
*This is an easy claim for you to make so do not get duped into paying someone to do it for you because they are likely to charge a large percentage for their services.

This is the form which you need to download to claim. http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/11ctc.pdf
When I checked my PAYE coding notice for that year, it was labelled 'Children's Tax Credit'.

HTH
Susan
capers123

Post by capers123 »

When you sign these forms, you are asking a private company called "The Entitlements Agency Ltd" to act as your agent to claim the money from HM Revenues & Customs.

They will take any interest owed to you, along with £94 + VAT. You will get the rest.

You could, of course, go direct to HM Revenue & Customs!

Perhaps I should set myself up as "Official Grammar School Appeals Ltd" and charge £108.10 to forward appeal application forms to local authorities. Of course, you'd have to fill the forms in in the first place, but this sounds like a valuable service to offer.... :D
Capers
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

I apologise! I was not touting for business for these folk. My brother told me about it via my mum so there was a bit of Chinese whispers going on. I googled it & pasted the first link on the list as was in a hurry.

Soz.
:oops:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now