Levels of difficulty between different publishers and tests.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tolstoy

Levels of difficulty between different publishers and tests.

Post by Tolstoy »

Hi All

I have been mulling over the question of the difficulty of test papers in the last few days, as the test dates for Bucks come nearer.

Having used all of these materials, some of them twice, I would say that the approximate difficulty ranking for Bucks practice materials is (from easiest to most difficult):

- Tutors CD1
- Tutors full papers, Nos 1 - 10
- IPS full papers
- Tutors short papers, Level 3
- IPS daily papers
- Tutors full papers, Nos 11 & 12
- Learning Labs
- NFER: shop bought
( NFER practice tests
( NFER: actual test
- Bright Sparks
- Walsh
- Tutors Short Papers, Level 4. (Mental health warning attached )

I hope that helps, and I would be very interested in other people's views on this.

Thank you!

Sally-Anne
I have copied this from the verbal reasoning section where it was put up in response to a question I asked. I am interested to know if the Bucks actual Nfer tests papers would be equavilant to the Gloucs test papers in difficulty level and Patricia suggested I put the question up here. Any thoughts?

Sorry for those who are reading this twice.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Do remember in Bucks you will need about 86% plus to qualify - so it is not just the papers you have to compare. :)
EmeraldE

where does Bond and IPS fit in?

Post by EmeraldE »

Hi there
Interesting conclusions about the paper difficulties. I was wondering where BOnd and IPS papers fit into the scheme? Personally the language questions on Bond my DS finds challenging enough (some obviously)..maths is easier than a lot of others (although can have some sneaky squared numbers etc. IPS not to tricky below Nfer standard possibly. Would you folks agree??
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

I used the IPS dailies and would agree with Sally Anne that they are about the same level as Tutors level 3's.

I haven't used Bond and wont be with DS2 because they are not based around the VR types that turn up in the Gloucestershire 11+ exam. It might be worth asking the question in the general VR bit where more people are likely to be familiar with them.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now