Latymer Upper entrance exams

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MittenKitty

Latymer Upper entrance exams

Post by MittenKitty »

anyone else do these this morning?

daughter says there were 2 sections in the VR exams with question types she hadnt seen before. I'm wondering if thats down to our bad preparation or f they've slipped in something different?

also anyone know how long they take to mark the papers and let you know if you've got an interview?
dearcoty

Post by dearcoty »

Don't know about interviews/results I'm afraid (and would also like to know!) but might Son thought the VR pretty tough and claims he guessed most of them. English and maths alright (which his friend said means he didn't do well - or that's what his tutor told him), and there were some very similar questions to those on the sample maths paper but luckily not about breeds of animals...

How many were taking the exam do you think? 4 sittings of 200?

That's our last one now, hurray!
MittenKitty

Post by MittenKitty »

yes - thank God no repeat of the Herefords and Jerseys

I think 800 is about right - my daughter said they were told getting over 83% in all 3 papers means a definite interview, 83% or more in 2 papers a probably interview and if only in one paper you need to be very strong in some other way

I'm not feeling confident but who knows - we have one more this week and then a big gap until Arts Ed on 9th Feb

good luck to you and your son
shams_u

Results

Post by shams_u »

Anyone know when we're likely to be informed of the exam results/interview invitation?

Presumably it's quite soon as the Interview date is 24th January.

Also, Do they let you know exactly what your child got in each exam?
dearcoty

Post by dearcoty »

I thought that interviews are on 31st Jan??

I'm afraid I can't shed any light on notification or marks, sorry.
shams_u

Post by shams_u »

Yes I think you may be right....it says late January/early February on the website.

I read on the letter that it was on a Saturday in January but couldn't recall the exact date.

83% on two or more papers seems rather high to me!! If that is the pass mark then the kids that get that get in, must be incredible!!
dearcoty

Post by dearcoty »

My thought too. Infact, I commented to my sister yesterday that I might have better spent the £75 on the 2.30 at Doncaster... she thought perhaps a pair of shoes. :wink:

I do worry how disappointed my ds will be though. :(
hopeforthebest

Post by hopeforthebest »

xx
Last edited by hopeforthebest on Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

My friend was told her childs marks by the head or Latymer prep for 7+ entry.
hopeforthebest

Post by hopeforthebest »

edit
Last edited by hopeforthebest on Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now