Appeal Result Today

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
All Too Much

Appeal Result Today

Post by All Too Much »

Just got our letter this morning and still in shock, had to read it several times, had to get other family members to read it for me - success!

To everyone out there who has it in front of them please take heart. I was absolutely 100% certain we had not got in; it was such a tough appeal. Definitely worth it all now.

Nibbles - please reply with a positive for you, that would make my day.

Thank you to Sally-Anne and Etienne for your support and advice, your forum really made a difference.
All Too Much
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

We11 Done, A11 Too Much!!

It's not too much now !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So pleased to hear some great news. Bitter sweet comes to mind...hope you have a good rest now after a11 your hard work and worries..take care.
Nibbles

Post by Nibbles »

Hi All Too Much,

Great news I am very pleased for you, :D :D

It just goes to show that others who have posted on this forum are right it is impossible to read the panel.

The post has been today - no letter - I was sure it would arrive today, I just want to know either way, its the suspense I can't stand. At least we are in a fortunate position that the Upper School in our catchment is fine, so its not a disaster if she dosn't get through.

Heres to a few more days of hoping and waiting!

Nibbles
panickingmum

Well done!

Post by panickingmum »

Hi AllTooMuch,

Many congratulations after so much worry. I am really pleased it all worked out for you. You can have a really good weekend now!

Don't worry Nibbles, I know of 2 people last year who had appeals on the same day, one got the good news 2 days later and the other had to wait 5 days for the good news. Both succeeded in the end and I am sure you will also be fine and will be posting good news next week. fingers crossed!

PM
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi ATM

Congratulations! I am very pleased indeed for you, and I was glad to be able to help, albeit just by reassuring you after the event. :D

I hope the outcome has reassured other parents reading this Forum and feeling that intensive questioning from a panel must be an indication of an unsuccessful appeal. Often a panel will need to put a little pressure on you to get the information they need. I often find that on appeals - it is only after the 3rd or 4th post that the real "meat" of a case emerges, and a panel hearing is no different.

Also bear in mind that panel members all have different personal styles. Panel Chairs are primarily chosen for their experience and fair-mindedness. Some may have the bonus of excellent inter-personal skills, whilst others may not be quite as strong. None of them are at the level of troll though, I can assure you! :lol:

Sally-Anne
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Many congratulations to you and "mini alltoomuch"-you must be so relieved!

Enjoy your weekend!

GM
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

well done altm, and good luck nibbles :)
b
Buckscat

Post by Buckscat »

That is truly great news All Too Much - you must be so relieved.
Thanks

Catherine
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I'm so pleased you have a positive result!
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear ATM

Delighted to hear the news.

When I was doing appeals, I could rarely work out exactly what the other panel members were thinking during the hearing, so I'm quite sure the appellant can't! :D

Savour the moment - "All Too Much" but "Definitely Worth It."

Congratulations!
Etienne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now