Reading Test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Bewildered

Reading Test

Post by Bewildered »

Good luck to all the children who are taking the test for Reading test tomorrow.
Hope they all get a good nights sleep tonight and remember no pasta!! :)

Regards

BW
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Have been thinking that all day ! Also good luck to the girls at Kendrick.

Son commented on the way to school, 'it's strange one day left but I don't feel nervous'.

If I can be slightly tribal good luck to the Caversham area and Abbey Rugby boys.

Hope everybody has a good day and comes home feeling they have done their best, whatever the result ( long long wait till 1st March 2007! ).

stevew61
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Dropped off. Feeling choked. Three and a half hours to kill till collection time.
Joanne

Post by Joanne »

Steve

Hope your son/daughter does well, i feel for you, my daughter has her test in Essex next saturday, and i'm feeling sick already!

Good luck

Joanne
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Stevew61,

I do feel for you. Fingers and toes crossed for you both. You've done all you can, and by this afternoon it will be behind you both, (you won't know what to do with your evenings! :wink: )

I also know of 4 other children sitting it this morning, one has had no practise, and one has probably only had 2-3 wks as they decided to sit test last minute, entering form on last day to Reading. FYI they got candidate number below 385. Don't know anyone sitting for Kendrick Though.

Good Luck!!!

BW

Post by Guest »

BW & Joanne,

Many thanks, your empathy does help.

Joanne good luck for Saturday.

Interesting candidate numbers ( I had resisted temptation to ask school how many candidates ), I have divided 400 boys up in many ways to try and calculate if we are top 100 ! I saw the Reading application form appear on their website during summer holidays so applied early, came back as candidate number one, hopefully a lucky omen.

Weekends will turn to KS2 and KS1 in May and the elevenplus in 2010 and 2012 for my younger ones.

Looks like I could be on this forum for many happy years to come, might have to register !

stevew61

Post by Guest »

Bewildered wrote:
I also know of 4 other children sitting it this morning, one has had no practise, and one has probably only had 2-3 wks as they decided to sit test last minute, entering form on last day to Reading. FYI they got candidate number below 385. Don't know anyone sitting for Kendrick Though.

Good Luck!!!

BW
We all try to do what is right for our children but no practise or 2-3 weeks ? They are going to struggle on the reasoning paper be it VR or NVR.
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Back from the exam. Old head on young shoulders has put my mind at rest. In his words, no nerves, not as hard as expected, completed all papers with time to spare, checked questions where not sure, enjoyed writing the essay.

I feel like "Singing in the Rain".
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Good to hear your 'Old Head,' had a good experience.
Now you can both relax (for a while, that is.)

I feel like "Singing in the Rain"
More like torrential storm, I'd say!! :)

BW
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

bw,

thanks, the storm whilst waiting to collect children was heavy rain and hail.

Have had first crisis of confidence, as expected on English.

Once late exams are complete will try to give examples of questions, I know that's what I wanted a year ago. Expect witch hunt circa 1125.

I think it is important to debunk the entry requirements.

Sleep.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now