Appeal News

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Nibbles

Appeal News

Post by Nibbles »

Well can you believe it after saying that we had not got our appeal results letter today in the post although I was expecting it, it turned out that the postman had put all our post through next doors letterbox by mistake. They brought it round when we got back from a trip out this afternoon.

The suspense was terrible made worse by the fact that our 8 year old DS got hold of it and insisted in reading it out to us - very slowly!

Anyway, its great news, our appeal was sucessful which came as a complete suprise after the grilling the panel gave us.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
So if your appeal is still to come don't assume you have been unsucessful if they give you a hard time its obvioiusly just the way some panel members operate.

Thanks to everyones help on this site, particularly Sally-Anne and Etienne and the all the encouragement from all you other posters.

I shall be keeping an eye on the sight to congratulate and commiserate with everyone who still has an appeal to come. and I am hoping not to have to make proper use of this site again in 2 years time when its DS's turn, he is under strict instructions not to stress me :!:
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Nibbles - that's great!! SO delighted for you :D

Don't disappear though! Parents who have been through the stress of an appeal are best placed to support others ...
Buckscat

Post by Buckscat »

That is fantastic news for you Nibbles, especially after you had such a terrible time with the panel!
Thanks

Catherine
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

The post went to the wrong house? - Talk about 'piling on the agony!'
Nibbles wrote: Etienne I hope you are right.
Did I detect a note of doubt in your voice? :D

Congratulations!
Etienne
All Too Much

Post by All Too Much »

Fantastic news Nibbles, worth the extra wait. Just goes to show how hard it is to read the panel.

No doubt you will be prepared for 2 years time; I have to say I am glad that was our youngest.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, I know I shall !

(Must change my 'name' on here).
All Too Much
Sally-Anne

Re: Appeal News

Post by Sally-Anne »

Nibbles wrote:it turned out that the postman had put all our post through next doors letterbox by mistake.
Nooooo!
Nibbles wrote:our 8 year old DS got hold of it and insisted in reading it out to us - very slowly!
And he lives to tell the tale? I admire your self-restraint Nibbles - I would have committed infanticide by the end of the first sentence! :lol:

Many congratulations on the outcome!

Sally-Anne
All Too Much

Post by All Too Much »

I agree Sally-Anne - there was no way anyone else was opening that envelope except me this morning ! Practically grabbed it out of the poor postman's hands when I heard him walk up the drive.

Such calm Nibbles, I admire you.
All Too Much
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

All Too Much wrote:Practically grabbed it out of the poor postman's hands when I heard him walk up the drive.
Do you think that Bucks Posties get danger money at this time of year? :lol:
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

well done nibbles
b
panickingmum

Well Done!

Post by panickingmum »

Hi Nibbles,

Many congratulations! All that grilling was obviously worth it and you convinced them, well done.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

PM
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now