part one over

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

maryni

part one over

Post by maryni »

well first hurdle is over with part one in Plymouth-how did others feel it went?
Cornwall Mum

English paper

Post by Cornwall Mum »

My son did his English test yesterday and Devonport. I am confused and am getting little out of him.

I understand there was a section B on sharks, but he is vague about whether he wrote anything, just saying he answered questions. This was in addition to the comprehension.

I don't think this makes sense. Can anyone enlighten me? Cheers.
maryni

Post by maryni »

I think the boys and girls English paper may be different- my daughter did an essay on'homework' and there was one on recycling-in their paper there wasn't much vocab but lots of 'codes' to work out sorry can't be more help.
maryni

Post by maryni »

and remember the English paper isn't looked at unless they're borderline
Cornwall Mum

Part one over

Post by Cornwall Mum »

Dear Maryni

Thanks for replying. I'll just have to hope my son sails through on maths and verbal reasoning next Saturday.

Good luck to your child with passing.
maryni

Post by maryni »

Must be totally different papers to the girls as my daughter did VR and English yesterday- she was exhausted but has the maths next week
SHame they cant just do it at school during the week as by the end of it all they'll be shattered
poppy1

Post by poppy1 »

Just out of interest,hw many boys sat this year,last year I think there was approx 318,and am curious if the chang of system has greatly affected the numbers applying.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now