Missing thread

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Jess

Missing thread

Post by Jess »

Where has the Walsh thread gone? Forum admin, had it broken the forum rules in some way? Would like to know for future reference
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Jess

No rules were broken.

Forumadmin has advised..."unfortunately circumstances beyond our control"

As much as I would love to tell, I wouldn't dream of compromising the website/forum owner.....

He has worked unbelievably hard to keep this all going. I only have total respect for him.

Patricia
Jess

Post by Jess »

OK no problem. I too am very grateful to the owner of this site-it's invaluable. Was just curious as to why the thread had disappeared (and I'm even more curious now!)

Jess
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Tiffin Tutor

Should the Tiffin Tutor who posted on this 'missing thread' be reading this. please register and send me a PM.

I am aware of the situation you have been put in, please do NOT be put off by the 'circumstances'

The forum is in need of a good tutor with knowledge such as yours. The original subject is not taboo, we are still allowed to express opinions, that's what a forum is for!

Patricia
Mike Edwards

Post by Mike Edwards »

Hi

Hopefully any issues relating to the missing link can be resolved amicably.

Agree wholly with Patricia this forum needs new tutors to give their advice and guidance to parents and students.

Although it may appear that there are a few people who do post often, this forum is not closed to new people.

As Tiffin Tutor is aware we are passionate about issues relating to the 11+, so please respond to Patricias request for you to contact her.

Regards

Mike
patricia

Post by patricia »

Mike

Mike Edwards

Post by Mike »

Hi Patricia

Back to internet cafe use, so just have time for
a quick peek at the site.

Regards

Mike
YoYo

Post by YoYo »

I just wonder why we cannot talk about the "tiger patterned" papers particularly as they are sold on this website. Buckinghamshire people can talk about IPS and the content /style of the papers. The above mentioned papers are published locally and written by local tutors. I would very much like to hear other people's opinion on these papers. My child is on paper six and I want to know how these papers match to the Tiffin Exams. I only want the opinion of the papers and not another business related to the tutor!
YoYo
Louise

Post by Louise »

YoYo

I am baffled as you as to why there has been such a fuss about the walsh papers, it seems to me that if you are not from Bucks or Berkshire then don't bother expressing an opinion on which papers you think are good or not. My child is also sitting Tiffin and the walsh papers are pitched slightly harder than some, but i also think Bright Sparks papers are pitched at a similar level, the Tutors papers also are good. I'm reluctant to say that though as I don't live in Bucks or Berks.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear YoYo and Louise

As, we now know. Tiffin use the same NFER VR tests as Bucks, it is no harder, no easier.

There are a variety of Publishers that emulate the 21 types as used by Tiffin. These include IPS, AFN, The Tutors, Susan Daughtrey [ Bright Sparks only] and of course Walsh.

Patricia

PS....The thread in the Bucks section went missing too! So please do not think your opinions are wasted. I am just sad that the Tiffin Tutor has not come back. This part of the forum needed someone like her. As the Tiffin VR is the same as Bucks, please do not hesitate to ask me any questions, should you have any.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now