Appeal Today!

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
panickingmum

Appeal Today!

Post by panickingmum »

Hi All,

Just to let you know we had our appeal today and I am sooooooo pleased it is over. I know we have the worry of the wait but I also know that we have done all we can. No idea how it went, very difficult to read. Questions which might be of relevance to those of you still waiting were:

How did DD do in the practice tests
How was she the night before the first test
Does DD have any idea what a place at grammar school would mean
Did DD complete the all the questions in the tests

The rest of the questions were relevant to our case only. I am now going to try and get a night's sleep without worrying about how best to answer this question or that! Good luck to all with your appeal's to come.

PM
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

'How did DD do in the practice tests'

Good luck, I hope you get the result you want.

I'm flabbergasted they're allowed to ask this question! What possible relevance can this have? They're not done under the same strict test conditions and it's common knowledge that some children who have been heavily tutored may have done most of the questions before as they're taken from past papers.

Sally-Anne or Etienne, do the panel have access to this information? ie just for the sake of argument if you said your child passed the practice papers with flying colours, would they know whether that was actually the case or not?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

It's usually a filler question.

Panels do not attach the slightest weight to how children have done in the practice papers.

It's been stated on this forum often enough that the same papers are used every year. They are virtually public domain questions and many children may have encountered them before if older siblings sat the tests.
Etienne
parent11

Post by parent11 »

THey only see the information that you see in your pack of papers received before the appeal.

In any case the final practice paper is marked by the parent at home.
KCC
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

Phew, thank you both, moment of panic there.

So if asked this question, the answer is clearly 'yes DD got 100% on all her practice papers... :lol:
panickingmum

Wish I thought of that

Post by panickingmum »

Hi Rob,

I didnt know if they knew the answer before they asked. I was asked if DD had passed and truthfully said I wasnt sure as no-one would commit to exactly what a pass was. All of our practice tests were marked at school incidentally parent11 but only to say so many out of 80, no indication if it was a pass or not. I also explained that DD had got really panicky as she had somehow got confused and done Test1 when she should have done TestA and vice versa, now feel maybe shouldnt have said that. As you can see by the unearthly time I am answering this that I cant seem to sleep and am replaying the whole process in my mind. I have had lots of I should have said this or shouldnt have said that. I shall be pleased when we know the final outcome!

PM
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now