A school to consider for Abbots/Kings Langley areas

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Abmum

A school to consider for Abbots/Kings Langley areas

Post by Abmum »

Our son moved to secondary school last Sept 08. We live in Abbots Langley and we chose Parmiters, Kings Langley and Marlborough Schools and did not get a place at any of them. We appealed for Parmiters and Kings but were unsucessful. So after a lot of stressing etc I found that Longdean School in Leverstock Green, Hemel had places available. I went to meet the Head and he has been at the school for a relitavely short time (2yrs) but seems to have worked wonders. In the last GCSE exams (2008) this school has leapt from results for 5+ GCSE of 55.9% with 43% inc Maths & English to 70% GCSE and 63% including Maths & English. Our son is very happy there even though it is only 15 mins drive from Abbots he was the only child from his primary school to go there. I just wanted to bring Longdean School to peoples attention as I am very pleased with the School and my son loves it and thriving there. For a virtual tour and exam results go to www.longdeanschool.co.uk
watfordmum66

Post by watfordmum66 »

am pleased your child has settled well and will certainly be useful for others to consider.

One child from our school nth watford went to Harefield academy results not great but far better than the school she was offered BH

Pinkboots

Post by Pinkboots »

Thanks Abmum. It is good to hear your son is happy at Longdean. It's a school I hadn't even heard of until last year (although I'm not AL/KL).

From the posts here & the local papers it seems parents in your area feel they are really disadvantaged, living as they do amongst "extreme schools" (not very well put - hope you know what I mean).

So it's great to hear positive things about a school that doesn't seem to get a lot of press.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now