Slough Grammar Appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Nayna P

Slough Grammar Appeal

Post by Nayna P »

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to know whether anyone has rec'd any appeal documentation from Clerk of Appeals for Slough Grammar school. The deadline for submission is 19th Jan09 and I am getting panicky.

There is an appeal form on the Slough Grammar school site are we supposed to use that?

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks
chad

Post by chad »

Hi,

When the results are sent out in December you (used to ) also get the details of how to appeal if your child didnot achieve the 111.
Have you got that paperwork?
If not then I would suggest you contact Slough Grammar and ask to speak to someone about the procedure for registering an appeal.
If you have the paperwork then it should say who to send the appeal to.....
If you have sent the paperwork to teh Clerk of Appeals then I would contact them to ensure they have received the paperwork.
Sorry that I an not more help but unfortunately.... although I knew the consortium appeal process....the fact that SG now conducts a seperate appeals process has clouded the issue a bit.
partygirl

Post by partygirl »

Hi,

I also wrote to the Clerk of Appeals before the 19th Dec deadline and have heard nothing since. I have heard nothing since either. The school have nothing to do with the appeals so simply have down loaded the form from the schools website.
overpeck

sgs appeals

Post by overpeck »

I have not heard anything from sgs appeals sent original request in dec and have now sent appeal from last week recorded delivery which somehow they have not received yet am sending a repeat appeal tomorrow hope it gets there by friday....paranoid mother any one had any reply from sgs appeal
partygirl

Post by partygirl »

Hi, have just heard from the Clerk of Appeals for SG today. All they have sent me is the Appeal form which I had already downloaded from SG website.

Note - The accompanying letter says that I have to submit my appeal by 30th JAN, not the 16th Jan as stated in the appeal form. I don't know if this applies to all but I must say I am grateful for the extra 2 weeks.
overpeck

SGS appeal

Post by overpeck »

I have now rcvd reply from sgs appeal panel they have received my paperwork and we should hear in February about time and date of appeal so now I can forget about it all until Feb Ha ha :lol:
Nayna P

Post by Nayna P »

I received the appeal form from the 'Clerk' on 16th January and since that was the deadline on SGS site, I had already sent by appeal off by then so no extra weeks for me. As I mentioned I do find the process for Slough Grammar very confusing and I will be feeding this back to them.

Now we just have to sit back and wait for appeal date. This is not something I am looking forward to. My ds is above average but not a high flyer. Does well when concentrating but does rush written work sometimes.

Good luck to all.
overpeck

Post by overpeck »

Dear Nanya I was wondering about whether you had sent in an appeal or not as you started this topic but not comented on it again. I agree with you process is very confusing especially as on the original info it said 16/01/09 was final date for appeal form and now party girl said she has been advised end of january. They seem to be making it up as they go along. Makes it very hard to be sure you dont miss cut off dates for forms to be advised of appeal date etc. All this adds to a very stressfull situation I am sure you will agree.
partygirl

Post by partygirl »

Just to let you know, the appeal form they sent me is exactly the same as you could download off the SG website except for one difference. The appeal form also says 30th Jan as well as the accompanying letter which leads me to conclude that they were either overwhelmed with applications to appeal or they just didn't pull their finger out and get the forms out to us quick enough therefore they have extended the deadline.
overpeck

Post by overpeck »

Dear Naynya and Partygirl hope you dont me intruding on your 'thread' but I am sure like me it is good to know someone else is going through the same thing, I had a letter from Slough appeals and we should hear of date of appeal by end of February.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now