Bullying at Parmiters!

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
seethapatelsp

Bullying at Parmiters!

Post by seethapatelsp »

Recently, a colleague of mine told me that her ex who works as a policeman in Garston told her about many parents filing complaints at the police station in Garston. Their complaint was that their child was continously being bullied at this school and no action was being taken [edited by Moderator - Etienne] Hence they have no option but to turn for help to the local police.

I am very concerned about this bit of news. Could parents of children who are already in this school shed some light over this. so far I had heard very positive comments about this school... so any kind of reassurance would be welcome!

sp
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You need to post in the relevant area - scroll down the page - perhaps a kind moderators will move this post? (please)
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

[moved from Appeals]
Etienne
watmum

Post by watmum »

Well, We have been at Parmiiter's for several years. We did have a small issue with bullying in year 7 with my daughter, but this was sorted efficiently by the staff there, and I do not think that a little bit of bullying/selling-in issues in year 7 is that unusual to be honest!

Other than that we have not had bullying issues within the school, however, there have been several incidences which I have heard of in the walk to and from school down High Elms Lane. There have only been two or three to my knowledge, but they were not, I dont think to do with bullying, more like robbery/assault and the police were involved with these as was the head teacher. The problem is that High Elms Lane is very secluded from the public view.

But, to put your query into context, I do not think this occurance is unusual these days, indeed I know that St Michael's, also down High Elms Lane, have experienced issues too with attacks. I do not know and have not heard anything about constant bullying though, and would be interested to hear what others have to say.
tense

Post by tense »

Firstly, I am sure that there is some sort of bullying going on at every school and anyone who denies this just has their head in the sand! It is how a school deals with bullying that counts.

My DD is in year 7 at Parmiter's so our family is still rather new to the school. But personally, I am not aware of any bullying issues, & have not heard of any from friends with older children there. On the contrary, we are finding Parmiter's to be a fantastically supportive environment. Children who were perhaps "bullied" (too strong a word - ridiculed / left out / sneered at) at primary for being bright and / or hard-working find Parmiter's a haven.

I have a friend who works at our local outreach centre for children with emotional / behavioural problems. Some of these are placed at Parmiter's (all local schools take some). She told me that Parmiter's has excellent pastoral care, so I am sure that the staff would take effective steps to deal with bullying, as Watmum has said.
seethapatelsp

Post by seethapatelsp »

Thank you every one! this is very reassuring! I have heard a lot of positive things about the school myself but when I heard from my colleague I felt confused but now MY MIND IS AT REST. :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now