Today We Got ...............

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Snowdrops

Today We Got ...............

Post by Snowdrops »

An offer!!

From our first choice indie (the one I was soooo worried about!!).

Not a scholarship (boo hoo) but it's still a lot better than I feared at one point AND it's our first choice indie :) :) :)

We now know that, should all else fail come March, my daughter will have an excellent school to go to. :shock: :)

Another one counting the pennies now :cry:

Oh, I nerarly forgot to say that, as we have got the offer we wanted, we shall now withdraw from our second choice (the one dd had her wobble about on Thursay night) - which has made for a much happier child again :lol:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

But she could get offered a scholarship there especially as she did so well in the extension exercises.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

We know that Tipsy, but her happiness is worth more than a couple of thousand pounds a year :cry: :cry: :cry:

We just want her to be happy.

This is a smaller school, MUCH closer to home and the one she (and we) liked the best.

It pains me it might (we still have the GS option!) cost me more each year, but I made a promise she wouldn't go to the failing school (our catchment school) and I'm standing by my promise (as crazy as some people may think I am) as it will be the very best we can do for her at that time.
watfordmum66

Post by watfordmum66 »

snowdrops and snowdroplet huge congratulations had been following your thread relax and enjoy your pm :D
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

ffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaantaaaaaastic!! 8) 8) 8) 8) So glad you now have some choice.
Bouga
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Congratulations :D :D

No more fretting :lol:
mad?

Post by mad? »

Brilliant well done what a relief...Now, sit back, relax and enjoy
mad?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Snowdrops wrote:We know that Tipsy, but her happiness is worth more than a couple of thousand pounds a year :cry: :cry: :cry:

We just want her to be happy.

This is a smaller school, MUCH closer to home and the one she (and we) liked the best.

It pains me it might (we still have the GS option!) cost me more each year, but I made a promise she wouldn't go to the failing school (our catchment school) and I'm standing by my promise (as crazy as some people may think I am) as it will be the very best we can do for her at that time.
Congrats Snowdrop - glad it worked out!!! Deffo a good 1st choice indep school and you can now say goodbye to the second choice - it would be my second choice toooo!!!
Still got toes firmly crossed for March though...!!!!!!!!
Ebonysmum

Post by Ebonysmum »

Congratulations Snowdrops and DD. Glad it is all over for you and you received an offer for your top school. :lol:
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

What a lovely family you are, putting your daughter first. Well done to you and Snowdroplet!!!!!!
I don't think you are crazy - just GREAT parents!
Now you can start to relax - at the very least you have a fantastic back up plan!!!