Colyton results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Kit

Colyton results

Post by Kit »

Has anyone else had good news from Colyton this morning? I am so relieved, but can't call anyone else from school to share the excitement in case it wasn't good news for them.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Super news Kit!! Congratulations!!!
chad

Post by chad »

Congratulations Kit, excellent news!
happymum

Post by happymum »

Congratulations Kit :D
Kit

Post by Kit »

Thanks for your good wishes.

DD's initial excitement has been somewhat dampened by the news that none of her friends passed so she is the only girl in her class not going to the local comprehensive.

Roll on July!
chad

Post by chad »

I know it is hard to believe but she will make new friends easily..... there will be others who are the only ones going from their school as well.
My son didn't know anyone when he started at grammar..... 2 years on he has a firm group of friends. He has also kept a few friends from primary.
It is a shame when they haven't got the comfort of going with a friend... but most find their friendship groups change in senior school anyway.
:wink:
happymum

Post by happymum »

Though my son knew the other two boys who went to Colyton from his primary, he didn't really hang out with them. He has made plenty of new friends and settled in really well.

During the Summer holidays, one of the parents invited round a small group of boys who her son had made friends with at the taster day so they could get to know each other a bit better before the start of term. Perhaps you could do something similar for your daughter to help with the transition.
Kit

Post by Kit »

It's good to hear things from the other side of this process, Chad and HappyMum.

I will send DD armed with pen and paper to her taster day so she can collect some phone numbers :D .
Sooze

Post by Sooze »

Hello Kit, my daughter has also just qualified for Colyton, though I don't feel we can truly relax until March 2nd! I know odds are it'll be fine but it will be a state of limbo for the next few weeks.
Congratulations to you and yours!
Sassie'sDad

Congratulations Kit and DD

Post by Sassie'sDad »

I have the most profound sympathy for you. It is a cliche that winning is easy but you should draw solace from all the sound advice, support and positive thought which is out there willing you on! Well done!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now