results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
worried2

results

Post by worried2 »

Is it true that the schools/headteachers have already been told of the results?

Post by Guest »

Hi Worried2

Yes, the Headteachers receive the results a week in advance. I assume that it builds in a margin of error for postal delays.

Sally-Anne

Post by Guest »

Do you think that the teachers would give out the results in advance of Friday 24th November if they were asked by parents?

Post by Guest »

I had a feeling that question was coming up. No, no and no again - and I don't think you would earn many brownie points with the Head for asking! Imagine the implications - if one person got their results, everyone would expect them early. And what of the child? If the parent got the results and told the child, would the child be expected to "keep quiet"?

I'm afraid it's just like GCSEs, A Levels and Christmas Day - you have to wait and see!

Sally-Anne
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear All

Only 5 days to go.

Would just like to say a few words

Results are given, in a sealed envelope, to the children at the end of the school day on Friday. Its probably not a good idea to open them up on the school playground. I have seen it happen before, witnessing a mother in front of their child bursting into tears because their child did NOT pass, I felt, so much for that poor child.

Its also a good idea not to allow your children to ring up their friends straight away, not every child will receive good news.

Some mothers will be very jealous of other children passing [ if their child has not] be prepared for the possibility of some unpleasant comments.

Unfortunately, some children, also react in a similar manner, just be aware, the Monday after results day can be just as stressful.

Please remember, if your child does not get an offer of a grammar school, its not the end of the world. Firstly, many children thrive in an upper school, friends of my children have all come out of uppers with 10/11 very good GCSEs.

Secondly, if you and your school honestly believe your child should be in a grammar school, then start the ball rolling for a selection appeal....this is the time when our, lovely, resident, friendly, EXPERT on appeals is very busy answering posts.

There is a section specifically for appeals further up the front page of the forum. Etienne are you ready?

I would like to say, the very best of luck to all.

Patricia
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Sally-Anne

The difference between Christmas day and results day.

The build up to Christmas day is far more pleasanter! In fact the few weeks before, is my favourite time of the year, cosy nights, candles, Christmas decorations, buying presents, mulled wine, well, any wine, and just perhaps a few parties on the way. I'm getting excited already...

Patricia
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Patricia

Enough already of the Martha Stewart Life!

Christmas in our house is wall-to-wall panic from 1st December to 24th December. The year has yet to arrive when I wasn't posting Christmas cards to the USA on Christmas Eve, consoling myself only with the fact that it's barely a holiday there anyway, so perhaps no-one will notice?

I am currently, as always, in denial about the whole thing, and I will be galvanised into action when the first card drops through the door on December 1st!

By that time all the stocks of the one crucial toy that age 8 wants will be sold out, except for one website that charges 5 times it's value for delivery and might (only might) get it to me for Christmas Eve.

Then my husband will announce how long his mother is coming to stay with us and, throwing all my newly minted plans into disarray. On the last day of term, when there is no chance of secret panic shopping, age 8 will come home announcing that he's changed his mind and wants a different (but equally sold-out) toy because he'll be the only one in the class that won't be getting one otherwise. That will also only be available from the same website ....

Then on Christmas morning itself I will magically metamorphose into 4 people - chief cook, gracious hostess, Lego building expert and computer wizard (when the new computer game doesn't work - again).

(Oh, and last year I was preparing for an 11+ appeal :evil: )

Do you think they sell new Decembers on eBay? :lol:

Sally-Anne
JuliaB

Post by JuliaB »

Wow really, I had no idea the headteachers knew the result before everyone else...... I thought they had the results the same day as us. The headteacher walked past me today - wish I had thought to look at her body language!! (tongue in cheek!)

I wonder if any of the other staff know?

JuliaB
JuliaB

Post by JuliaB »

I should add that I will not be trying to find out whether any of the staff know, just musing aloud!!

I am already thinking of what my alternative choices are .... just in case Friday becomes 'black Friday'

JuliaB

Post by Guest »

Hi Julia

I didn't know until after we got our results (and I found this forum) that the Heads get the results a week early. However, when I collected my son on the "day" last year I made a joke to the Head about getting the dratted envelope home, and I noticed a change in the body language then - and I knew it wasn't good news.

My best suggestion would be to avoid the Head at all costs this week - you could mis-read every slight nuance.

Sally-Anne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now