number of questions in plymouth

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
scatty moo

number of questions in plymouth

Post by scatty moo »

Hi I don't know if anyone can help my daughter is sitting her 11plus in January in Plymouth.It has changed this year and I was wondering if anyone knew the amount of questions in the verbal reasoning as in the past it has been 80 but someone told me this year it has changed to 100.
Mad Mum

Post by Mad Mum »

Hi, sorry I don't know the answer to your question - the LEA play things very close to their chests down here don't they? All I know is that the first test is Verbal Reasoning and the second week is Maths. Can't remember where the english essay falls - is it the first or second week?

How is your daughter getting on with her preparations? Mine is going through a really demotivated lazy streak as she hasn't been giving 100% to her practice papers and then gets low marks and then gets demotivated ---- and on and on and on! Its also difficult as two of her close friends who were preparing to take the 11+ pulled out in October before the Schools Admissions closing date (the fear of the maths paper was just too much I think) and I think she has lost her momentum.
scatty moo

Post by scatty moo »

HI Mad Mum
Yes the LEA do play it very cagey, although I don't know why, it's not
like they're giving us the answers!!!!! My daughter is coping OK.All I can suggest is that maybe you tell your daughter that if she really hard now she can have a break over Christmas and start the final push when they go back to school in the new year. Regarding the maths you could buy the 10 minute tests by Bond and just talk through the theoryeg how do you find the area of a triangle etc as you have no idea on what will be in the paper and if they know the theory technically they should be able to answer most questions. Re the VR why not cut a paper into 4 and do little and often or if she likes the PC try doing the online tests. I hope this is of some help,keep checking the Devon forum as I have some questions that you might be able to help me with. Got to dash :wink:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now