Interviews - both parents?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
chantal73

Interviews - both parents?

Post by chantal73 »

Can anyone please tell me how important is it for both parents to accompany their child to an independent school interview? My husband may not be able to take time off work and I'm worried the school may see this as 'lack of interest' and I don't want to jeopardise my DDs chances. Any views on this? :?
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I attended interview last week with my dd and not one other child had both parents - don't worry about it, it's the child they're interested in, not you :)

Fingers crossed for you and hope it all goes well.
mad?

Post by mad? »

Ditto Snowdrops - last year I 'successfully did' them all alone, as did the majority of other parents we encountered.
mad?
chantal73

Post by chantal73 »

Thanks Snowdrops, that's very reassuring. My DD doesn't know she's been invited for interview yet. It's all so nerve-wracking - although I'm pretty sure that on the day she will just take it in her stride and I will be the one left with no finger-nails! :roll:
cupcakes

Post by cupcakes »

Hi chantal72
does this mean that dd got the letter for HABS. If so well done :lol:
with reguards to the interview. My husband will be attending on his own. We have 2 other children whom I cannot sort childcare out for.
You are definately not the only one, so it should be o.k i'm sure.

good luck
chantal73

Post by chantal73 »

Hi Cupcakes, yes I got a call back from them this morning saying the letter went out yesterday and that she's been invited for interview. I'll be glad to put her mind at rest finally, she's been coming home from school everyday since last week looking for 'the envelope'! The very best of luck to your DD.

Big thanks to all who responded. :D
zorro

Post by zorro »

Hi Chantal,
We both went to our DS's interview last year but it was on a Saturday morning so easier for DH.
There were two other sets of parents coming out and waiting but I don't think it really matters.
I agree that they are looking at the child not the parents.
Good Luck!
HR

Post by HR »

My husband & I both went to our DD's interview at Habs on Monday but there were a few with just one parent there so don't think it matters at all.

H
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

I did two independent interviews last year - one on my own and one with OH. The main difference was that the latter was less stressful because he could answer questions too!

Both were equally "successful" in the end.