Counting down the weeks!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
kelannhugh

Counting down the weeks!

Post by kelannhugh »

Feels like forever since my daughter sat her 11 plus tests.

Can't believe how long we have to wait for results.

Does anyone know if the schools know the results now?

I'm going crazy worring about it yet my daughter doesn't seem too bothered.

Anyone else feeling this way?

kelannhugh
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

I think that the headteacher of your daughter's primary school should know around about the end of December-January. This gives them the opportunity to appeal to the Independant Assesment Board in favour of a child who they feel should have passed but is perhaps a few points short. I think they can then refer to any appropriate evidence to back up the case that they may have (consistent CAT scores etc), any mitigating circumstances that they are aware of, etc.
All this happens behind the scenes before you actually know the result and the headteacher will not inform you of this.
However you still have a right of Appeal (if required) yourself after the results are known.
But anyway I'm sure it will all be fine but the waiting IS painful. Went through it all last year. You are on the home stretch now.
Good luck to you and your daughter!
kelannhugh

Post by kelannhugh »

Thanks for replying. I've had no hints form headteacher so still not sure for my little girl.

The forum is really quiet now, where has everyone gone?
sjo070

Counting down the weeks

Post by sjo070 »

I'm feeling pretty nervous. If my daughter doesn't pass, I'm happy with our second choice of school (if we get it, that is!!) but I'm just worried in case she's disappointed. The pressure leading up to the exams was huge and its pretty miserable to think we still have a few weeks to go before the results.
kelannhugh

Post by kelannhugh »

Hi sjo070

I'm happy with my second choice too. I'm more concered like you with how my daughter will feel if she hasnt passed.

Only three of them sat the 11 plus this year and i'm 99% sure the other 2 girls will pass as they had private tutors.

She says she'll be happy with any of our top three but i'm still worried she'll feel awful if she's the only one.

Kelannhugh
sjo070

Counting down the weeks

Post by sjo070 »

Exactly - its not about us, its just whether or not the children are disappointed.

And, whilst I know its very much a minor issue, I wondered what everyone's view was with regard to a reward / gift at the time of the results? So many of my daughter's friends have been offered the incentive of money or gifts if they pass and we too made various offers. However, we now feel that we will buy her a gift irrespective of whether she passes or not just so that we reinforce the message that we're proud of her and the efforts she made. What do other people have planned?
kelannhugh

Post by kelannhugh »

I havent promised I'll buy her anything, but I most likely will.

Regardless of the results i think i'll just buy her a new mobile, she needs one as her's is scratched and I think this will cheer her up if she is disapointed.

My daughters friends have been offered gifts too so I guess everone must be.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now