no recent CATS or SATs reselts

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
thailand

no recent CATS or SATs reselts

Post by thailand »

My daughter's prep achool does not do CAT3s every year and the last one done was when she was aged 9 yrs 5 months. Is there anyway I can get a recent CAT 3 test done somewhere? They do not do KS2 SATS. Equally is there any way I could get a KS" SAT done somewhere?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

No - a private educational psychologists report might give some independent judgement on her ability.
ManjUnited

CAT3s and SATs

Post by ManjUnited »

Hi Thailand,
My son also attends a prep school and like you his school do not administer SATs or any other equivalent exam.
We had our appeal on 21 Jan (our son scored 120) and were successful, because we were able to show from his last 2 reports and the subject range covered by him, that he was capable of taking up a Grammar school place.
We focused on his exam results in June 2008 and his bi lingual skills. We did not even try and compare him to what it may be equivalent to in SAT scores. The headmaster had explained that SATs were not conducted and that instead children were prepared for the Common entrance exams at 13. You can only focus on the evidence you have and should not get caught up in trying to compare against SATs.
I hope this helps.

ManjUnited