worriedmum's appeal result

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

worriedmum1

worriedmum's appeal result

Post by worriedmum1 »

Hi to everyone who has been following this thread. to recap - we had a terrible experience with school who rated dd as a '4' - unsuitable for grammar. (she scored 117 and 115) We subsequently got 2 x private assessments done to challenge the Head's assessment (one by a teacher and one by an ed psych - which showed that dd was 'average' cognitively, with a talent for Maths and some previously unrecognised learning impairments). There were also 2 different sets of extenuating circumstances. Guess what? We were successful!!!!
I have absolutely no doubt that without the excellent support and guidance of S-A and Etienne we would not have got there. So a big THANK YOU to them! It is very difficult to overturn an HT assessment, especially since all the academic evidence pointed to a child who would be lower end of the ability range for grammar, so we have done incredibly well. In hindsight the Panel were already dubious about the HT :D since they kicked off by grilling the LEA representative about the assessment - they obviously thought it was absurd to have a non recommendation, given dd's SATS scores, settings and predictions. They were also very critical of the school not providing supplementary information. So in a sense the HT almost dug her own grave although I had plenty of ammunition too. If I can help others in the same situation I would be delighted to. Once again thanks to all who contributed to my case - I wish you could have seen the huge beam on dd's face when I told her the news!!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi WM1

I am so very pleased for you! Well done, and congratulations to you and your DD. :D

Thank you for your kind words.

Sally-Anne
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Well done, WM1!

You had "Everest" to climb with a "4" recommendation, but you made it! :D

So very pleased for you and your daughter.
Etienne
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

That is such wonderful news - I truly hope your DD flourishes at GS -
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

Well done worried mum!
Bougalou
Last time Mum

Post by Last time Mum »

Fantastic news!!

I am so pleased for you - you deserve that result so much.

I too was successful today so I know how you must be feeling.

I hope like me you are enjoying a much needed glass of wine right now!

Good Luck to your daughter at grammar school.

Love Ana x
Nibbles

Post by Nibbles »

Hi Worriedmum1,

Great to hear your news, what a relief. Well done, worth all the stress and effort :!: You can relax and enjoy now.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Posted at 6.04pm ...
Last time Mum wrote:I hope like me you are enjoying a much needed glass of wine right now!
The sun didn't have to travel very far over the yard arm before the wine came out, did it? :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now