Maths

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

guestabc

Maths

Post by guestabc »

Hello
Just out of curiosity, and perhaps to allay/confirm my suspicions that my son might have missed a couple of pages in the Maths paper, were there any questions which required the adding or subtracting of fractions. These seem a standard feature of past papers yet he can't recall doing any yesterday.

Thanks

Post by Guest »

Don't worry, my daughter said there were no fractions and it was the easiest paper she'd ever done - gulp! Did she read the questions properly?

Maths

Post by Guest »

I have just asked my daughter (now that she is finally awake!) and she says there was only one fractions question. She also found the paper easy and VR good but English V difficult.
Joanne

Post by Joanne »

Yes apparently there was one question about fractions....5/8 of 72 or something similar! Im sure your child has done the best they can.
Samantha

When i did my 11+ yesterday

Post by Samantha »

Hello,

Im Samantha and I did my 11+ yesterday the 25th.
The maths was suprisingly easy but the english words were just so hard to understand. The english story was about a corn rick and a thresher. The VR was OK but i found one section quite hard. In the maths there was one question about fractions and it was 5/9 of 72, but luckily my dad taught me the method the day before! I had originally had the parts of the VR paper before. :D Thanks for listening! :lol: