What's in a name? - meaningful titles

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Etienne

What's in a name? - meaningful titles

Post by Etienne »

Could I make a plea for meaningful titles?

I assume most of the recent posts are from Buckinghamshire as the results have just come out, but I can't be sure!

Although the appeals system is basically the same throughout the country, it helps to know which area is being discussed. The Buckinghamshire passmark is 121. In Slough it's 111. In Lincolnshire it's 220, I think. To write "My child scored 119" doesn't really help unless one knows which LEA it is.

The idea of this section, apart from answering immediate questions, is to provide an appeals resource for newcomers and future readers. As they browse through the section, it does save time if the title gives at least a clue as to what the thread is meant to be about.

An example of a recent clear title would be Confused Mum's "To appeal or not"?

"To appeal or not (Bucks)" would have been even better!

It also helps if posters would either stay "on-topic" or start a new thread.

Just my "etiquette" suggestions. Glad to note that most guests are now giving themselves a nickname, which is also helpful. :D
Etienne
JuliaB

Post by JuliaB »

Thanks Etienne

I'm sure I speak for lots of people when I say thanks for your clear and honest advice/suggestions!!

JuliaB
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

agreed - the scores vary everywhere and in some districts we don't know what scores the kids got if they passed - only if they didn't make the cut off.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Thank you for the above comments - and to recent posters for their helpful titles.

I've been out since lunchtime, but my fellow contributors have been doing a very good job!

I'll try to catch up with any outstanding points later this evening.
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now