Mayfield Grammar Entrance Exam 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
milalib

Mayfield Grammar Entrance Exam 2015

Post by milalib »

Hello

Our Head Teacher at my DD's primary has just told us that this year (Sept 2015) my DD will have to take the new Kent Test on Sept 10th and then also take the Grammar entrance for Mayfield on Sat 13th.
Does anyone know what happens if she passes one and not the other? Or can we opt out of the Kent test and just do the entrance exam.

Thank you
hermanmunster

Re: Mayfield Grammar Entrance Exam 2015

Post by hermanmunster »

http://www.mgsg.kent.sch.uk/Mainfolder/ ... y-2015.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

looks like the Mayfield test is an "optional additional" test - looks like you don't have to do that one but do have to do the Kent test.

there are some other documents mentioned in the link - have you read them ? Might give some more info there - will have a look myself later
parent2013

Re: Mayfield Grammar Entrance Exam 2015

Post by parent2013 »

Note that the assessment tests will comprise of :
 A computer based test which will assess verbal ability, numerical reasoning and non-verbal
reasoning and which will be nationally standardised.
 An English paper to assess Reading and Writing skills and which will be marked. (Not computer
based or multiple choice ).

The introduction of this test shows the direction of travel. I won't be surprised if superselectives like Judd, DGS would follow the same route i.e. to test the writing skills that will be marked for selection unlike Kent that look at writing only for appeals scenario. This would filter out candidates who are not just expert at doing VR and NVR.