Nonsuch Catchment area

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

nadkha

Nonsuch Catchment area

Post by nadkha »

Hi

I am just enquiring ( or panicking now) whether living in the borough of Sutton ( wallington near Beddington Park)would bring my DD under the catchment area for Nonsuch? I thought that living within borough of Sutton would allow her to qualify for the catchment. But having just looked at the map we are a few roads out ( just passed Wallington Boys)!

Can anyone shed any light on this?

thanks
Ladymuck

Re: Nonsuch Catchment area

Post by Ladymuck »

Deleted by user.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Nonsuch catchment is 5.25 km radius from school (SM3 8AB). It just touches the Beddington Park towards A232 / A237 junction.

Beddingon Park would be in the catchment of Wallington Girls (6.7 km radius from school).
loopylou

Post by loopylou »

Living in the London Borough of Sutton isn't relevant to the admissions criteria. The catchment area is based purely on a straight line distance from the school to a radius of 5.25km. Therefore some people in neighbouring Surrey will be in catchment whereas some people near Beddington Park will be outside catchment despite living in SM6 and therefore technically in Sutton.

If you are in the Beddington Park area, you should probably check with the school to get a definitive answer rather than relying on Google - the measurements for admissions are completed very accurately and Nonsuch will be able to tell you a definite yes or no. Looking at Google though, 5.25km takes you roughly to the edge of the park nearest to the school and anything beyond that exceeds the 5.25km cut-off. Even if you are out of catchment, your daughter can still apply and potentially get a place and, you will of course be in catchment for Wallington Girls'
hina

Post by hina »

hello
I was OOC for nonsuch last year, and when i called school they recommended i send my postcode to Sutton council, who confirmed my front door was OOC area, however my back garden and the rabbit hutch was in the catchment area :-) Daughter was offered a place from top 80 though.. but my advice is to call the sutton council admissions office.