KS3 maths website

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sbarnes

KS3 maths website

Post by sbarnes »

As promised found the most useful maths web site for KS3 level.

I have used this all last year and found it to be excellent resource. This compliments khanacademy.

This is for all the parents that have mailed me privately.

If anyone still remembers their maths from 20-30 years ago, this website will relive those memories.

It's fantastic and in our case led to a 30% increase in end if year maths score.

Enjoy.. And pass onto friends and family

http://www.hegartymaths.com
southbucks3

Re: KS3 maths website

Post by southbucks3 »

I wonder why the people who set up these tutorial sites,feel the need to name them after themselves? Just a ponder.

The site uses English method and terminology as far as my nocturnal perusals can see, one of the teachers actually dismisses Khan acadamy as unsuccessful for the British pupils he had previously directed there, due to American method, terminology and symbols.
However, the first tutorial i watched showed addition without carrying, the teacher's method produced a list of numbers with values from tens to tenths to add up, then in his haste to progress he quickly added the columns from left to right, in the assumption that the children following the tutorial would be quick mental thinkers too, even though the method was designed to make things clearer for those who did not fully understand carrying across.

Personally, I love BBC, in two years they have not failed ds if he gets stuck.
sbarnes

Re: KS3 maths website

Post by sbarnes »

Hegartymaths is a great resource; enjoy
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now