Weald of Kent from East Sussex

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
eastsussexmumsy

Weald of Kent from East Sussex

Post by eastsussexmumsy »

Our daughter is going to Weald of Kent in September and we live in East Sussex - just over the border from Kent. Is there anyone else going from this area. Hope we are not the only one!
PurpleDog

Re: Weald of Kent from East Sussex

Post by PurpleDog »

Not Weald of Kent, but our DD will be going to TGS from East Sussex in September - will your DD be getting the train, if so, which station?

At the moment she only knows one girl who will be going to TGS but she will be getting the bus and unlikely to be in the same learning community.
klmh1968

Post by klmh1968 »

Purple Dog, my DD is going to TGS and she will be catching the train from Etchingham. If that is the same as your daughter, we could perhaps get them together.
PurpleDog

Post by PurpleDog »

klmh1968 wrote:Purple Dog, my DD is going to TGS and she will be catching the train from Etchingham. If that is the same as your daughter, we could perhaps get them together.

That would be great - I will pm you.
eastsussexmumsy

Post by eastsussexmumsy »

Initially we would drive her there as we live in Crowborough and the back roads to the school is a 25/30 minute drive. We could then put her on the bus from Langton Green which goes straight to the school and back again. Train maybe a possibitlity for us either from T/Wells or Wadhurst (where our other daughter is at school) but its the walk up that massive hill, although I am sure there are lots of girls doing it.
franticmum

Post by franticmum »

My daughter is currently in Year 10 at TGS and she travels from East Sussex by train. Don't worry about the hill as there are loads of girls from WOK and TGS who do the walk from the station as many buses deposit there too. I've also seen girls from WOK travelling by train from Wadhurst when I have picked my daughter up from there instead so there may be more prospective girls that you are unaware of that do not follow this forum.

I'm sure your girls will find new friends that they can travel in with at the Year 6 day. For TGS, they teamed them up in their house groups which were geographically orientated but I'm not sure how this will work now with the learning communities.
PurpleDog

Post by PurpleDog »

Village Mumof3 - I got a message from you but for some reason my replies are not being sent.
Can you send me another message with your email address so I can get in touch.
Thanks.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I got a message from you but for some reason my replies are not being sent.
After sending a private message please note that your message stays in your outbox until it is read by the recipient. Once it has been read it moves to the sent box.
PurpleDog

Post by PurpleDog »

mitasol wrote:
I got a message from you but for some reason my replies are not being sent.
After sending a private message please note that your message stays in your outbox until it is read by the recipient. Once it has been read it moves to the sent box.
Thanks - I did figure that out eventually!
bobthecat

Post by bobthecat »

Hi Purpledog and klmh1968 - my daughter also going to TGS in September, travelling from Stonegate. We don't know anyone either - would be great to meet up.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now