Too many passes???

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Guest123

Too many passes???

Post by Guest123 »

Results for the Sough Consortium are out today as you all know.

Going through the forums here and talking to friends etc.. it seems that there are a lot of children who have passed this exam (with a few exceptions obviously) - Mostly with over 120\141. :o

Is the exam getting easier??
kendrick mum?

Post by kendrick mum? »

Dear Guest123

I think that the standardisation procedure is designed to enable the number of passes to reflect number of places on offer. Therefore the score and the number of people acheiving them remains constant if total number of places and numbers of applications remains constant. In fact if numbers of applications go up percentage of people passing probably decreases if number of grammar school places remain constant.

Kendrick mum?

Post by Guest »

I hardly think the people on this forum represent a true cross-section of those taking the tests and the same is most likely true for the people you are talking to.
Guest123

Post by Guest123 »

Thanks for your replies Kendrick_mum and Guest.

My elder one did his 11+ 2 years ago and younger one this year. Both passed thankfully.
I have been taking an interest since then and it just seems that there have been more successes now than before. Maybe it is just me. lol

My advice to parents who have children taking the exam next year would be to satrt NOW and best of luck.
guestpm

Passes

Post by guestpm »

My child passed, I still think only 25-30 % of kids pass, so its not high