Rankings list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Mumof2of2

Rankings list

Post by Mumof2of2 »

Hi there

Received rankings of 361 for SHS today and 425 for ribston any clues on the chances of admissions ?
Eromdap

Re: Rankings list

Post by Eromdap »

This thread might help http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 16&t=48353" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cazien

Post by cazien »

Mumof2of2 wrote:Hi there

Received rankings of 361 for SHS today and 425 for ribston any clues on the chances of admissions ?

I'd say "pretty good :D ". Logic behind this? There are 150 places at both HSFG and SHS, Ribston has 120 places = 420 places for girls. Add places for girls to be admitted to Pates should take girls to 480+places.

Don't forget - put your preferred school first on admissions application form. If you are not allocated that one, your second choice becomes your first choice and with your DD's rankings she should easily get one of them.

Congrats and best of luck :!:
Mumof2of2

Post by Mumof2of2 »

thank you such an anxious time - really hoping for SHS x
jerseycow

Post by jerseycow »

My daughter reached the qualifying standard for Ribston with a low ranking of 511 but was told in the email 'not to be concerned if the rank appears low'. Going on the figures that there are 420 places at the 3 girls school, I'm really hoping there were lots of really, really bright girls who will take up places at Pates! History dictates that sadly this hasn't been the case in previous years where girl/boy ratio has been 40/60. This would then make 480 girls getting offered places, making us 31 places outside. :( I will phone Ribston next week to try and gauge our chances. Already have a daughter in Y8 so DD2 is keen to go there too.
The Drudge

Post by The Drudge »

Jerseycow, remember that some people won't take a place at all. Several children will go to independent schools. Good luck!
GL2Mum

Post by GL2Mum »

There are also those from out of county who take the test and have no intention of coming to Glos - whilst some from Bristol and Swindon may have their child make the journey there were some children from farther afield who took it who use it as a mock exam. Or those which pass but then decide the journey is too much for their child or they are unable/unwilling to relocate as they may have originally planned
jerseycow

Post by jerseycow »

Thanks, The Drudge. I wonder if many children will also sit entrance exams for Bristol and Monmouth grammar schools in the new year if they live outside of Gloucestershire? I don't expect it will change allocations on 1st March as applications need to be in by end of October, but it could affect movement in the second round. What are your thoughts?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

jerseycow wrote:Thanks, The Drudge. I wonder if many children will also sit entrance exams for Bristol and Monmouth grammar schools in the new year if they live outside of Gloucestershire?
the Grammar schools in Monmouth and Bristol are independent, likely that some will take up places there but others may not be able to afford the fees and hence keen on a state grammar
jerseycow

Post by jerseycow »

I checked with Ribston to find out how far down the rankings they went for consideration and was told it was 535 this year. 511 is still possible but slim chance. Fingers crossed!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now