Parmiters, aspergers and pastoral care

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sunshine78

Parmiters, aspergers and pastoral care

Post by Sunshine78 »

Hi
I wondered if anyone had experience with the school and how well the Sen support is. I am considering the school for my son in a few years time so I am just researching all of the options. Is the pastoral care any good and are they very supportive of children with special needs.

Also what's the average class size?

Thank you
KS10

Re: Parmiters, aspergers and pastoral care

Post by KS10 »

Hi, I have sent you a pm.
Sunshine78

Post by Sunshine78 »

Thank you
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

I can't comment on Parmiter's, but Watford Boys would be a good fit. The Learning Support Department is very strong there and they are experts at supporting students on the autistic spectrum. I have a son with Asperger's in Y10; he is happy and settled and doing extremely well. Pastoral support is one of the school's strengths. In my experience, they are willing to be flexible to meet each student's individual needs.
Sunshine78

Post by Sunshine78 »

Thank you 3b1g, we did look at Watford but we are out of catchment, we live in Bedfordshire so I took that one off of the list. We are not in a position to move yet either unfortunately.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Sunshine78 wrote:Thank you 3b1g, we did look at Watford but we are out of catchment, we live in Bedfordshire so I took that one off of the list. We are not in a position to move yet either unfortunately.
Are Bedfordshire postcodes in catchment for Parmiters? They only allocate a very small number of academic places OOC, don't they?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

Hi Sunshine78

I don't know if there are concessions for children with a SEN. If not, then from Bedfordshire you are competing for a tiny "out of catchment" allocation at Parmiters.

And if you were to get in you would need to consider how your son, with his needs, would cope with the journey.
Sunshine78

Post by Sunshine78 »

Hi

I called Parmiters and our postcode would be considered. I know it would be tough competition but we are willing to try.

We can't move at the moment but plan to. Realistically we can't move for another 3 1/2 - 4 years. If DS was to be allocated a place he wouldn't have to do the journey for long.

I couldn't find any other options for Hertfordshire schools, apart from independent schools as we are out of catchment.

Thanks
decaff

Post by decaff »

Clement Danes have no catchment for academic 10% of places this will be more than Parmiters outer area places. Have you considered this school? but I'm not sure what SEN support is like.
Sunshine78

Post by Sunshine78 »

Hi decaf
Thanks, yes we did consider clement Danes but we have heard the SEN provisions are poor.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now